|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Laelius: On Friendship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Laelius friends with?
(b) Scipio Africanus.
(d) Scipio Africa.
2. What does Laelius believe makes goods truly good?
(a) Jealousy of others.
3. What does the book reproduced in "On Duties" concern itself with?
(a) Theory of happiness.
(b) Theory of civic virtue.
(c) Theory of friendship.
(d) Theory of civic dispute.
4. What group believed happiness is the enjoyment of pleasure and the avoidance of pain?
5. What does the Greek philosophy believe about the good life, according to "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) The good life is a happy life.
(b) The good life is expensive.
(c) The good life is a rich life.
(d) The good life means to have friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grant say took over power in the Roman Republic during Cicero's writing?
2. According to "On Duties," how do people find theft by the state?
3. What deep question does Laelius struggle with?
4. What were the followers of Aristotle called?
5. In "On Duties," how many feelings does Cicero say a good ruler should inspire in his subjects?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)