|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Laelius: On Friendship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
(b) Romans that were too "hellenized."
(d) The church.
2. According to Cicero, in "On Duties," which of the following will NOT inspire a good ruler's subjects?
(b) Respect of high office.
3. Where is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) By a river.
(b) Cicero's apartment.
(c) Cicero's friends house.
(d) Cicero's country villa.
4. According to Cicero in "On Duties," what do men need?
5. How many virtues does Cicero argue moral goodness is comprised of?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Discussions at Tusculum," what did all Greek schools of philosophy agree on?
2. Who does Laelius argue friendship is only possible for?
3. According to the introduction, how did the younger Seneca receive Cicero?
4. Who did Cicero influence, according to Grant?
5. How does Cicero perceive philosophy under tyranny rule?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)