|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Discussions at Tusculum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
(a) A common bond.
(c) A common ancestry.
(d) A spark of divinity.
2. Where is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) Cicero's country villa.
(b) Cicero's apartment.
(c) Cicero's friends house.
(d) By a river.
3. According to the introduction, what was Cicero considered to be?
(a) An individualist who believed in human rights.
(b) A saint.
(c) A philospher.
(d) A radical.
4. When did Cicero's reputation decline, according to the introduction?
(a) It never declined.
(b) The 19th century.
(c) The 18th century.
(d) The 17th century.
5. According to the introduction, what did Cicero take refuge in after a divorce, fights with friends, and his daughter's death?
(a) Observing nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero argue is the cure for misfortune?
2. What does happiness necessarily require, according to Cicero?
3. According to the introduction, what protestant thinkers was Cicero popular among?
4. What are external goods merely considered to be by Cicero?
5. According to "Discussions at Tusculum," what did all Greek schools of philosophy agree on?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)