|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Discussions at Tusculum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero believe applied to every human, according to Grant?
(a) The golden rule.
(b) Ability to forgive.
(c) The ration to love others.
(d) The natural law.
2. Who is the discussion between, in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) Cicero and a friend.
(b) Cicero and his dad.
(c) Cicero and Dante.
(d) Cicero and Caesar.
3. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
(a) A spark of divinity.
(c) A common ancestry.
(d) A common bond.
4. What does happiness necessarily require, according to Cicero?
5. What was the result of Cicero's desire to capture others thought in his writing's?
(a) He was too thoughful.
(b) He was unoriginal.
(c) He was thoughtless.
(d) He was unthoughtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero resist being identified with, according to Grant?
2. According to the introduction, what protestant thinkers was Cicero popular among?
3. What does Cicero question about virtues in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
4. What did Cicero argue is the cure for misfortune?
5. What or whom does Michael Grant, the author of the introduction, introduce?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)