|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
(a) Romans that were too "hellenized."
(b) The church.
2. When did Cicero's reputation decline, according to the introduction?
(a) It never declined.
(b) The 18th century.
(c) The 19th century.
(d) The 17th century.
3. Where did Cicero retire during the transition of power in the Roman republic, according to Grant's introduction?
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The country.
(d) His castle.
4. Which medieval thinker admired Cicero, according to Grant?
5. What type of interest did the Romans have towards philosophy, according to Grant?
(b) Deep intrigue.
(c) Slight intrigue.
(d) Deep and thoughtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or whom does Michael Grant, the author of the introduction, introduce?
2. When did Cicero do his writing, according to the introduction?
3. What does Grant state Cicero was excellent at doing?
4. In what period did Cicero gain great fame?
5. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)