|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cicero retire during the transition of power in the Roman republic, according to Grant's introduction?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The country.
(d) His castle.
2. What does much of Cicero's writing contain, according to Grant?
(a) Challenges to the public.
(b) Greek philosophy.
(d) Roman philosphy.
3. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
(a) A common bond.
(c) A common ancestry.
(d) A spark of divinity.
4. What group was Cicero's classical background popular among?
5. According to the introduction, what is Cicero NOT?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero believe the Roman republic should behave like?
2. When did Cicero's reputation decline, according to the introduction?
3. According to the introduction, what type of writing style did Cicero sometimes write in?
4. What or whom does Michael Grant, the author of the introduction, introduce?
5. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)