|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero believe applied to every human, according to Grant?
(a) The ration to love others.
(b) The golden rule.
(c) Ability to forgive.
(d) The natural law.
2. According to the introduction, how did Pope Gregory I respond to Cicero's work?
(a) He refused to ackowledge his writings.
(b) He banned his work for centuries.
(c) He gave him high praise.
(d) He burned them.
3. In what period did Cicero gain great fame?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) Just after his death.
(d) 200 years after his death.
4. Who was Cicero worried about, according to the introduction?
(a) His own health.
(b) His mother's health.
(c) The Roman republic.
(d) The Greek republic.
5. What did Cicero resist being identified with, according to Grant?
(a) Any woman.
(b) Anyone religion.
(d) Any one school of philosphy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who favored Cicero?
2. When did Cicero's reputation decline, according to the introduction?
3. Who did Cicero influence, according to Grant?
4. What type of interest did the Romans have towards philosophy, according to Grant?
5. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)