|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, how did Pope Gregory I respond to Cicero's work?
(a) He refused to ackowledge his writings.
(b) He banned his work for centuries.
(c) He gave him high praise.
(d) He burned them.
2. What did Cicero resist being identified with, according to Grant?
(a) Anyone religion.
(b) Any one school of philosphy.
(d) Any woman.
3. According to the introduction, what type of writing style did Cicero sometimes write in?
4. What group was Cicero's classical background popular among?
5. What does Grant state Cicero was excellent at doing?
(a) Deepening ideas.
(b) Manifesting ideas.
(c) Challenging ideas.
(d) Popularizing ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero believe strongly about the virtues of philosophy?
2. What did Cicero believe the Roman republic should behave like?
3. Who does Grant say took over power in the Roman Republic during Cicero's writing?
4. What was the result of Cicero's desire to capture others thought in his writing's?
5. What does much of Cicero's writing contain, according to Grant?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)