|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Laelius: On Friendship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the third and fourth principles concerned with, in "On Duties"?
2. What are the series of arguments about in "On Duties"?
(a) They are against religion.
(b) They are against confomrity.
(c) They are against tyranny.
(d) They are against liberty.
3. According to Cicero, how was the Stoics view counter-intuitive?
(a) It contradicts Cicero's opinions.
(b) It denounces relationship importance.
(c) It denounces material importance.
(d) This view suggests one can be happy with no external or bodily goods.
4. When did Cicero do his writing, according to the introduction?
(a) Between the 60s and early 50s B.C.
(b) During the 60s B.C.
(c) Between the 60s and early 50s A.D.
(d) Between the late 60s-40s B.C.
5. According to "On Duties," how do people find theft by the state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laelius believe makes goods truly good?
2. According to Cicero, how does he view tyrannies?
3. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
4. In "On Duties," which book is only reproduced in this particular selection of readings?
5. What does Laelius argue about a life without friends?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)