|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Laelius: On Friendship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is concluded about the achievement of moral goodness, in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) It is the only way to achieve happiness.
(b) It is indifferent to happiness.
(c) It is unessecary.
(d) It is necessary.
2. In "On Duties," what will wise rulers win from their subjects?
3. What do true friends not enjoy doing, according to Laelius?
(a) Listening to you.
(b) Criticizing you.
(c) Talking to you.
(d) Spending time with you.
4. According to the Stoics, what was the faculty that was unique to humans?
5. What type of interest did the Romans have towards philosophy, according to Grant?
(b) Slight intrigue.
(c) Deep intrigue.
(d) Deep and thoughtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "On Duties," which book is only reproduced in this particular selection of readings?
2. In "On Duties," how will rulers win goodwill?
3. What does the book reproduced in "On Duties" concern itself with?
4. How does Cicero perceive philosophy under tyranny rule?
5. What or whom does Michael Grant, the author of the introduction, introduce?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)