|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the series of arguments about in "On Duties"?
(a) They are against confomrity.
(b) They are against religion.
(c) They are against tyranny.
(d) They are against liberty.
2. What is "On the Orator" considered in Latin?
(b) A joke.
(c) Thought provoking.
(d) An artistic masterpiece.
3. What are the contents of the book "On Duties" applicable to?
(a) Present day crisis.
4. What was oratory a part of in the ancient world, according to "On the Orator"?
(a) High art.
(b) Low art.
(c) Great conditions.
(d) Great ability.
5. Who does Cicero compare Dionysius to?
(a) Plato and Plutarch.
(b) Plato and Archimedes.
(c) Petrach and Archimedes.
(d) Dante and Plato.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the followers of Aristotle called?
2. What is Cicero known as, according to "On the Orator"?
3. Who hosts the other men involved in the dialogue of "On the Orator"?
4. How does Cicero perceive philosophy under tyranny rule?
5. According to Cicero, how was the Stoics view counter-intuitive?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)