|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens once virtue is acquired, according to Cicero?
(a) It makes a person good, thus making him happy.
(b) It can not be lost except by free choice.
(c) It is permanent.
(d) It is temporary.
2. Which of the following are not needed to obtain moral goodness, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
3. What do great orators possess according to "On the Orator"?
(a) An innate gift.
4. How many virtues does Cicero argue moral goodness is comprised of?
5. What group believed happiness is the enjoyment of pleasure and the avoidance of pain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rufus and Cotta ask Antonius and Crassus in "On the Orator"?
2. What are the series of arguments about in "On Duties"?
3. Why is statesmanship destroyed, according to "On Duties"?
4. What is essential between two nations, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
5. According to Cicero, in "On Duties," which of the following will NOT inspire a good ruler's subjects?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)