|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles was the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum" from Cicero's home?
(a) 13 miles.
(b) 16 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
2. What is the purpose of the book "On Duties"?
(a) So people will reassess their lives.
(b) To challenge its readers.
(c) So statesmen can come to know their duties.
(d) To inspire its readers.
3. In "On Duties," how many feelings does Cicero say a good ruler should inspire in his subjects?
4. What does Cicero address in his work, "On Duties"?
(d) Political life.
5. What does Cicero emphasize in the third and fourth principles in "On Duties"?
(a) Expediency and rightness are connected.
(b) Dictators need a balance in their ruling.
(c) Taxes are inevitable.
(d) Love does not always prevail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the orator master?
2. In "Discussions at Tusculum," what do the Stoics argue is necessary to be happy?
3. What is the name of Cicero's brother he writes to?
4. What was oratory a part of in the ancient world, according to "On the Orator"?
5. According to "On the Orator," what does the orator possess even in battle?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)