|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the orator master?
(c) The entire sphere of philosophy.
2. What must the ruler maintain, according to Cicero?
(b) Equality before law.
(d) Balance between powers.
3. Why are great orators hard to find, according to Cicero in "On the Orator"?
(a) Many have information on many arts, but speak poorly.
(b) Stage fright.
(c) Many speak well, but lack information.
(d) Few have the mastery of the many distinct arts.
4. What does "On The Orator "concern itself with?
(a) The role of the orator or statesmen.
(b) What makes a person a good orator.
(c) If Cicero is a good orator.
(d) Who is a good orator.
5. Who is the discussion between, in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
(a) Cicero and Dante.
(b) Cicero and his dad.
(c) Cicero and a friend.
(d) Cicero and Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rufus and Cotta ask Antonius and Crassus in "On the Orator"?
2. What did Cicero argue is the cure for misfortune?
3. What is Cicero known as, according to "On the Orator"?
4. What does Cicero address in his work, "On Duties"?
5. What is essential between two nations, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)