|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bando and Sam follow the zig-zag trail along the brook, how many times does Sam miss with his sling?
2. What type of roof is on Burrough's summer lodge?
3. What bird does Sam find dead wearing jesses, swivel, and leash?
4. What mountains does it appear that Alice is heading toward?
5. In Part 13, where does Sam go to wait for Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zella say that Crystal is a good traveling companion for Alice?
2. How does Zella try to reassure Sam that Frightful will be okay?
3. Why does Sam want to see goshawks?
4. What excuse does Bando give for not going with Sam to speak with the farmer?
5. What do Sam and Bando have for their first lunch on the trail in Part 9?
6. What does Bando pack for the trip to follow Alice?
7. Who were the Van Rensselaers?
8. Why does Sam want to go to the farm and ask about Alice?
9. How did Alice get a pig?
10. What does the Monroe Farm look like when Sam first sees it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Sam and Alice have plans for how to replace Frightful. What is Alice's plan? What is Sam's? Are they complementary?
Essay Topic 2
Sam decides that Alice is playing a game with him. What makes Sam realize that Alice is playing a game with him and not looking for her own place? What clues have there been all along that Alice is playing a game?
Essay Topic 3
Sam and Alice's relationship change throughout the novel. How does their relationship change? Does it seem to become more of an equal relationship?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)