|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Rensselaerville Library, where does a card indicate that the hacking moved to?
2. What does Mrs. Strawberry always wear indoors and out?
3. What type of trees are in the Helderbergs?
4. In Part 8, how far does Sam think that Alice and the pig may have walked?
5. What creek leads to the falls in Part 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Monroe Farm look like when Sam first sees it?
2. How does Sam describe Alice's camp at the falls?
3. Why doesn't Bando want to go to the farm and ask about Alice?
4. What is the game On the Track?
5. What does Bando pack for the trip to follow Alice?
6. How might the pig be able to take care of Alice?
7. Why isn't Sam discouraged by the results of his sling practice in Part 9?
8. How does Zella try to reassure Sam that Frightful will be okay?
9. What excuse does Bando give for not going with Sam to speak with the farmer?
10. Why does Zella say that Crystal is a good traveling companion for Alice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alice seems to be going to visit waterfalls. What clues seem to indicate where Alice is going? How do Sam and Bando figure out where she is going?
Essay Topic 2
Sam is devastated when Frightful is taken. Why is Sam so devastated when Frightful is taken away? Why is she such an important part of his life?
Essay Topic 3
Sam at first doesn't want to accept the tools his father leaves behind. Why does Sam decide to embrace change and use the tools?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)