|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Hanni's eyes?
2. In what county is Manorkill Falls?
3. At the Rensselaerville Library, where does a card indicate that the hacking moved to?
4. Where is the trial where Zella is going?
5. What state forest do Bando and Sam enter in Part 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do pigs eat?
2. In Part 7, what evidence does Sam find that Alice was in the wetland?
3. What do Sam and Bando have for their first lunch on the trail in Part 9?
4. How does Sam describe Alice's camp at the falls?
5. What does the Monroe Farm look like when Sam first sees it?
6. Why isn't Sam discouraged by the results of his sling practice in Part 9?
7. Why does Sam want to go to the farm and ask about Alice?
8. What does Bando pack for the trip to follow Alice?
9. Where does Mr. Van Sandtford tell Sam that Alice went?
10. How does Sam confirm that Alice is going to Rensselaerville Falls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam decides that Alice is on an extended journey. Why does Sam at first think she has no business going off on her own? Why does change his mind and decide she is entitled to an adventure?
Essay Topic 2
Both Sam and Alice have plans for how to replace Frightful. What is Alice's plan? What is Sam's? Are they complementary?
Essay Topic 3
Alice seems to be going to visit waterfalls. What clues seem to indicate where Alice is going? How do Sam and Bando figure out where she is going?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)