|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam sit on before he built his lounging chair?
2. How many days of rain caused Sam's dam to wash out?
3. What color is Bando's hair?
4. How many siblings does Sam have?
5. How long ago did Sam come to the mountaintop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to the mountain and takes Frightful and why?
2. Why doesn't Sam want electricity?
3. Why doesn't Sam allow Alice to edge all the paths with stones?
4. Why does Alice want electricity?
5. What did Sam and Alice do on Christmas day last year?
6. How did Alice design her tree house when she first came to live on the mountain?
7. Why doesn't Zella like the cabin Bando purchased?
8. Why does Sam decide that he can't raise pheasant and quail for meat?
9. What will Longbridge do with Frightful?
10. What does Sam find missing from Alice's home when he goes to check?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alice keeps changing her plans and her routes. What clues does Alice leave behind? How do these help Sam and Bando stay on Alice's trail?
Essay Topic 2
Sam realizes that it is not Leon Longbridge who took Frightful. How does Sam realize that Longbridge didn't take Frightful? What does that discovery mean about Frightful's safety?
Essay Topic 3
When Sam moved to the mountain he lived alone and avoided people. How has civilization and people encroached on Sam's mountain? Does he like having more people around?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)