|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniform is Mr. Longbridge wearing?
2. What does Sam us to make his candles?
3. What is inside Alice's hat for warmth?
4. How does Baron Weasel warn Sam when something is coming?
5. What is the door made of for Sam's hemlock home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sam and Alice do on Christmas day last year?
2. How long did Sam's father think Alice would stay on the mountain?
3. Why did Sam's family come to the mountain last year and then leave?
4. What is a watermill and why did Sam decide to build one shortly after Alice decided to stay on the mountain?
5. Why doesn't Zella like the cabin Bando purchased?
6. What does Frightful look like?
7. What will Longbridge do with Frightful?
8. What is Adirondack furniture?
9. What might be a solution to Sam's problem of how to get meat now that Frightful is gone?
10. What progression did Sam go through to get comfortable seating in his home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alice keeps changing her plans and her routes. What clues does Alice leave behind? How do these help Sam and Bando stay on Alice's trail?
Essay Topic 2
Sam can tell when they leave the Catskills and enter the Helderbergs. How can Sam tell when he leaves one mountain range and enters another? How does it make a difference in his hiking plans and in his search for Alice?
Essay Topic 3
Sam had a chance to have a goshawk and to get Frightful back. Why didn't same keep the goshawk or try to get Frightful back? Why did he have mixed feelings about not keeping the birds?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)