|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniform is Mr. Longbridge wearing?
2. Where did Alice go at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. When did Sam get his waterwheel in place?
4. What does Sam call the fast stream that cascades down the south face of the mountain range where he lives?
5. What color are Mr. Longbridge's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alice design her tree house when she first came to live on the mountain?
2. What progression did Sam go through to get comfortable seating in his home?
3. How did Sam and Alice learn to build a dam that doesn't wash out?
4. Where does Sam think Alice might be in Part I?
5. Why does Alice want electricity?
6. How does Sam describe the June morning at the beginning of Part 1?
7. Why does Sam decide that he can't raise pheasant and quail for meat?
8. Why doesn't Zella like the cabin Bando purchased?
9. What does Sam find missing from Alice's home when he goes to check?
10. Why doesn't Sam want electricity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam decides that Alice is on an extended journey. Why does Sam at first think she has no business going off on her own? Why does change his mind and decide she is entitled to an adventure?
Essay Topic 2
Sam and Bando disagree about visiting a farmer and asking if he has seen Alice. Why do they disagree? Who does Sam decide to speak to the farmer anyway?
Essay Topic 3
Bando is tired and gets a meal at a restaurant and stays at a hotel. Why is Bando so tired? Why does he begin to take opportunities to eat at restaurants and stay in towns rather than trekking through the woods.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)