|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the food and gear last that Sam takes when he and Bando follow Alice?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
2. Where does Bando eat in Part 11 while Sam is talking with a farmer?
(a) Ruffed Grouse Hotel.
(b) Manning Hotel.
(c) Smith's Hotel.
(d) Deer Tail Lodge.
3. What does Sam fix for lunch at the summer lodge?
(b) Jerusalem artichoke.
(c) Primrose, artichoke and pokeweed.
(d) Dandelion greens.
4. What type of bird makes an alarm while Sam waits for Alice in Part 13?
(c) Blue Jay.
5. In what county is Manorkill Falls?
Short Answer Questions
1. At Manorkill Falls, what does Sam use to catch a trout?
2. Where is the man from who signed the note in the Rensselaerville LIbrary?
3. What bird does Sam find dead wearing jesses, swivel, and leash?
4. What bird does Sam hear while he and Sam eat at Manorkill Falls?
5. What type of flowers are ear John Burroughs' grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sam want to see goshawks?
2. Who were the Van Rensselaers?
3. What does the Monroe Farm look like when Sam first sees it?
4. How does Zella try to reassure Sam that Frightful will be okay?
5. Where does Mr. Van Sandtford tell Sam that Alice went?
6. Why doesn't Sam think that Alice will come to Manorkill Falls?
7. Why does Sam want to go to the farm and ask about Alice?
8. What do pigs eat?
9. What excuse does Bando give for not going with Sam to speak with the farmer?
10. How does Sam know they leave the Catskill Mountains and enter the Helderbergs?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)