|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Sam come to the mountaintop?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 years.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 years.
2. Last year what nuts were in poor supply?
(b) Butter nut.
3. In Part 5, who does Sam think is getting into the root cellar?
(a) Baron Weasel.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) Jessie Coon James.
(d) A fox.
4. How fast can Frightful swoop down upon her prey?
(a) 100 mph.
(b) 175 mph.
(c) 150 mph.
(d) 200 mph.
5. According to Mrs. Strawberry, what is the best crop to grow in the mountains?
(a) Soy beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Sam bring from the city?
2. What does Sam get for meat when he practices with his sling?
3. What does Sam make his millhouse from?
4. What does Sam call the fast stream that cascades down the south face of the mountain range where he lives?
5. Where did Alice go at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a watermill and why did Sam decide to build one shortly after Alice decided to stay on the mountain?
2. Who is Bando?
3. How did Sam fell the big hemlock for the sluice?
4. How does Sam describe the June morning at the beginning of Part 1?
5. What is Adirondack furniture?
6. What did Sam and Alice do on Christmas day last year?
7. Why doesn't Sam allow Alice to edge all the paths with stones?
8. Why doesn't Sam want electricity?
9. Why does Alice want electricity?
10. What progression did Sam go through to get comfortable seating in his home?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)