|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Frightful's back?
(b) Gray blue.
2. What was the name of the horse a merchant took because Mrs. Strawberry hadn't paid a bill?
3. How many weeks ago did Sam's family come for a visit?
4. What did Sam contribute for the opening of the sawmill?
5. What type of tree does Sam take branches from to make a weapon?
(b) Paper beach.
(c) Red cedar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Sam stay on the Spillkill practicing with the sling?
2. How many siblings does Sam have?
3. Where did Alice go at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How many days passed before Sam saw Alice when she was making a mirror?
5. What does Sam's father do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Longbridge do with Frightful?
2. Where does Sam think Alice might be in Part I?
3. Why does Sam decide that he can't raise pheasant and quail for meat?
4. How did Sam and Alice learn to build a dam that doesn't wash out?
5. How did Sam fell the big hemlock for the sluice?
6. Who is Bando?
7. Who comes to the mountain and takes Frightful and why?
8. How long did Sam's father think Alice would stay on the mountain?
9. Why doesn't Sam allow Alice to edge all the paths with stones?
10. What does Sam find missing from Alice's home when he goes to check?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)