|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountains does it appear that Alice is heading toward?
2. What fair is advertised on posters on telephone poles in Part 10?
(a) Phillips County.
(b) Roxbury County.
(c) Pochuck County.
(d) Andrews County.
3. What does Mrs. Strawberry always wear indoors and out?
(b) Brown felt hat.
(d) Straw hat.
4. As Sam and Bando walk to the hog show, where is the brown thrasher imitating different birds?
(a) Aspen grove.
(b) Spruce tree.
(c) Birch tree.
(d) Fence post.
5. What type of trees are in the Helderbergs?
(a) Yellow birch and black spruce.
(b) Aspens and spruce.
(c) Maples and hemlocks.
(d) Birch and blue spruce.
6. How many feet does Manorkill Falls drop?
7. What type of pantry has does Sam call the place where Bando finds nuts?
8. How many people are in the all-purpose store when Sam and Bando sit at the luncheonette counter in Livingstonville.
9. How often does a wolf pack miss its prey for the number of times it tries?
(a) 15 out of 30.
(b) 5 out 12.
(c) 7 out of 20.
(d) 16 out of 20.
10. On their second day of following Alice, how many hours do Sam and Bando walk?
11. In Part 12, how far does Bando say that Alice has been ahead of them during their trip?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
12. In Part 8, what is Zella wearing when Sam visits her cabin?
(a) Black jacket and skirt.
(b) Khakis and a polo shirt.
(c) Blue jacket and skirt.
(d) Jeans and a T-shirt.
13. How many houses are in Livingstonville?
14. What is the name of the chef at the restaurant in Rensselaerville where Sam and Bando eat supper?
(a) Mr. Andrew.
(b) Mr. Milo.
(c) Mr. Peter.
(d) Mr. Watts.
15. In Part 13, what time does Sam quit watching for Alice and go to find Bando?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Sam's favorite edible plants that Crystal has uprooted under power lines?
2. What did the librarian in Rensselaerville say men offered his son to located a sharp-skinned haw nest for them?
3. What state forest do Bando and Sam enter in Part 10?
4. Where does Bando eat in Part 11 while Sam is talking with a farmer?
5. What flowers do Sam and Bando see after they admire a pure white sycamore?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)