|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bush has been cut and has Alice's signature acorn in the break?
(d) Bridal wreath.
2. What type of flowers are ear John Burroughs' grave?
(b) Black-eyed Susans.
(c) Lily of the Valley.
(d) Queen Anne's Lace.
3. What type of roof is on Burrough's summer lodge?
4. How many people are in the all-purpose store when Sam and Bando sit at the luncheonette counter in Livingstonville.
5. When did a Dutch king give the Van Rensselaers thousands of acres of land?
6. In Part 9, what is the name of the brook Bando and Sam come across after following the slow stream?
7. In Part 10, what is the arrow made of that Bando finds?
(b) Corn cobs.
8. At Manorkill Falls, what does Sam use to catch a trout?
(b) Beetle larva.
(c) Bottle fly.
9. In Part 13, where does Sam go to wait for Alice?
(a) Her cave.
(b) Rocky ledge.
(c) Hemlock tree.
(d) Ash tree.
10. In Part 7, how long has it been since Sam has seen Alice?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 7 days.
11. At the Rensselaerville Library, where does a card indicate that the hacking moved to?
(b) Tenmile Creek.
(c) Beaver Corners.
12. What does Sam fix for lunch at the summer lodge?
(a) Primrose, artichoke and pokeweed.
(c) Jerusalem artichoke.
(d) Dandelion greens.
13. What bird does Sam hear while he and Sam eat at Manorkill Falls?
(a) Blue jay.
14. How many feet does Manorkill Falls drop?
15. What state forest do Bando and Sam enter in Part 10?
(b) Big Buck.
(c) California Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the postmistress in Livingstonville say that the hog show is being held?
2. Where is the trial where Zella is going?
3. What does Bando find at the base of a hollow tree near Burrough's grave?
4. At Manorkill Falls, what types of leaves does Sam wrap the trout he caught?
5. In Part 7, how long has it been since Mrs. Strawberry has seen Alice?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)