|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How big is the pond created by Sam's new dam?
(a) 1/2 acre.
(b) 3/4 acre.
(c) 1/8 acre.
(d) 1/4 acre.
3. What is the door made of for Sam's hemlock home?
(a) Moose skin.
(b) Bear skin.
(c) Deer skin.
(d) Elk skin.
4. How old was Frightful when Sam got her?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 15 days.
5. What does Sam decide to use to get meat after Frightful is taken?
(c) Bow and arrow.
6. How many notes does Sam whistle for Frightful's name in her language?
7. When did Sam's dam wash out?
(a) July 4.
(b) June 29.
(c) July 18.
(d) June 17.
8. What did Sam contribute for the opening of the sawmill?
9. When did Sam write about creating a forge?
(a) December 24.
(b) January 2.
(c) January 4.
(d) December 25.
10. For Thanksgiving, who brought a turkey last year?
(c) Mrs. Strawberry.
(d) Miss Turner.
11. How far is the cabin Bando bought from Sam's place?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 4 miles.
(c) About 2 miles.
(d) About 3/4 mile.
12. What does Bando teach?
13. What did Miss Turner bring for the opening of the sawmill?
14. What did Bando and Zella bring for the opening of the sawmill?
15. What is inside Alice's hat for warmth?
(a) Rabbit fur.
(b) Fox skin.
(c) Deer skin.
(d) Badger fur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Sam miss when he is using his sling?
2. What does Sam make his millhouse from?
3. In Part 5, who does Sam think is getting into the root cellar?
4. What did Alice take that Sam had to make her replace?
5. In Europe, how long have some stone walls been standing?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)