|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Sam his leather-bound journal last summer?
(a) Miss Turner.
(b) Mr. Miller.
(c) Mr. Radisson.
(d) Miss Watson.
2. How does Alice plan to make windows in her house?
(a) Glass jars.
(c) Old windows.
3. What did Sam sit on before he built his lounging chair?
(a) Large can.
(c) Milking stool.
(d) Old stump.
4. How much younger is Alice than Sam?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. What is inside Alice's hat for warmth?
(a) Badger fur.
(b) Fox skin.
(c) Rabbit fur.
(d) Deer skin.
6. How many days passed before Sam saw Alice when she was making a mirror?
7. What does Sam decide to fix for supper in Part 5?
8. What did Sam and Alice fix for the Thanksgiving feast last year?
(b) Pumpkin pie.
(c) Acorn bread.
(d) Berry pie.
9. According to Mrs. Strawberry, what is the best crop to grow in the mountains?
(b) Soy beans.
10. How big of a pond does Sam want to create for a water mill?
(a) Quarter acre.
(c) Half acre.
(d) Third of an acre.
11. What is Sam's father's name?
12. How much money did Sam bring from the city?
13. Who was the only guest for Christmas dinner last year?
(a) Baron Weasel.
(b) Mrs. Strawberry.
(d) Miss Turner.
14. What is the name of the lady that Sam calls Mrs. Strawberry?
(a) Mrs. Watson.
(b) Mrs. Stouder.
(c) Mrs. Fielder.
(d) Mrs. Davis.
15. How old was Frightful when Sam got her?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree does Sam take branches from to make a weapon?
2. Whose grandfather was a bricklayer?
3. What does Sam decide to barbecue for his supper in Part 5?
4. Who helps Sam fell the tree for the sluice of the millhouse?
5. Where did Alice go at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)