|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lounging chair made of that Sam sits in at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Bent saplings.
(c) Old logs.
(d) Fabric and branches.
2. For Thanksgiving, who brought a turkey last year?
(a) Miss Turner.
(c) Mrs. Strawberry.
3. What does Sam decide to barbecue for his supper in Part 5?
4. How long ago did Sam come to the mountaintop?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 years.
(d) 9 months.
5. How much younger is Alice than Sam?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
6. How many siblings does Sam have?
7. When did Sam get his waterwheel in place?
(a) November 11.
(b) October 4.
(c) November 25.
(d) October 23.
8. What did Miss Turner bring for the opening of the sawmill?
9. What did Bando help Sam make during the first year Sam was on the mountain?
(c) Bow and arrow.
(d) Clay pots and blueberry jam.
10. In Europe, how long have some stone walls been standing?
(a) The year 1600.
(b) The year 900.
(c) The year 1400.
(d) The year 1000.
11. In what county is Delhi?
12. What is the name of the lady that Sam calls Mrs. Strawberry?
(a) Mrs. Fielder.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Watson.
(d) Mrs. Stouder.
13. How old was Frightful when Sam got her?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 20 days.
14. How many weeks ago did Sam's family come for a visit?
15. What type of plates does Sam use to eat off from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days of rain caused Sam's dam to wash out?
2. Who was the only guest for Christmas dinner last year?
3. What is the door made of for Sam's hemlock home?
4. What did Sam contribute for the opening of the sawmill?
5. Who gave Sam his leather-bound journal last summer?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)