A Storm Breaks – I Start Over
• On a hot, humid day in June, Leon Longbridge, a conservation officer confiscates Frightful from Sam, a boy who lives in a tree on a mountain.
• It is illegal to have peregrine falcons, so Longbridge will take Frightful to be a part of an artificial breeding program at the university.
• When the conservation office takes Frightful, Sam is concerned about how he will feed his sister without Frightful to help hunt for meat.
• Sam is so upset he feels like crying, but he takes out his journal instead and reads about the time when his family came to the mountain.
• Sam’s parents had thought they wanted to live there and farm, but it wasn’t farming country.
• So the entire family except for Sam and Alice returned to the city, where Sam’s father worked on the docks.
• No one thought...
This section contains 2,536 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)