• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Lee, Chang-Rae, Riverhead Books, 2014. Hardcover.
• In Chapter 1, the narrator describes their community, which is known as B-Mor.
• Their community is safer and more stable than communities outside of the wall.
• The people of B-Mor came from New China.
• They have fish hatcheries that they farm, and they sell some of the fish to the Charter communities.
• The people of B-Mor also have grow facilities to grow different types of plants.
• Fan was a young woman who was small and often mistaken for a child.
• She worked as a cleaner in the fish tanks.
• People in B-Mor are comfortable and have everything they need.
• However, Fan leaves B-Mor.
• The narrator describes how Fan was at home in the fish tanks and that she preferred being in the tanks.
• Often the workers in the tanks...
This section contains 5,390 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)