|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a reason that Aristotle included as a cause of pity?
(c) Deserved punishment.
(d) Undeserved punishment.
2. Of the two kinds of witnesses, why did Aristotle think the ancient witnesses were useful?
(a) They could be tampered with or accused of partiality.
(b) They could be questioned or tampered with.
(c) They could be questioned, tampered with, or accused of partiality.
(d) They could be questioned or accused of partiality.
3. Which one of the following was an example of national defense provided in Book I, Chapter 4?
(c) Previous battles.
4. As explained in Book I, Chapter 10, what did the general law refer to?
(a) Unwritten laws of necessity.
(b) Written laws of justice.
(c) Unwritten laws of justice.
(d) Written laws of necessity.
5. According to Aristotle's explanation, how would a speaker approach a subject when using the logical appeal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aristotle think a political orator should be aware of?
2. According to Aristotle, what act should the political rhetorician be concerned with?
3. To Aristotle, when did anger take place?
4. Included in Aristotle's definition of a rhetorician, which parts of a claim should be adapted to a situation?
5. How many forms did Aristotle think the emotional appeal could take?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)