|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
(b) Photo albums.
2. Painting allows for __________ vision, while photography does not require this sort of vision.
3. Chinese tastes favor well-______________ presentations within photography, according to the book.
4. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
(b) Film slides.
5. Modern photography seems to admit that __________ is the sum total of all art in photography.
6. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
7. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
8. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
(d) Over exposure.
9. Photographs make ____________ safe and concrete, according to Sontag. Some prefer photographs to reality.
10. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
11. The Chinese government denounced Antonioni's film as anti-Chinese and anti-___________.
12. Photographs can mingle documentation with __________ rendering, according to Sontag in this chapter.
13. Most continue to claim that photography is entirely _________, according to the research of Sontag.
14. Some theorize that the practice of photography allows the disclosure of a ___________ truth.
15. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
(a) High art.
(b) Assembly line.
(c) Truth telling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sontag seems stereotype inscrutable Chinese values, smacking of the anti-Chinese ____________ in her time.
2. Even though photographs are generally consistent, _________ tastes in photography exist and change over time.
3. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
4. Who invited Antonioni to make a film about the Chinese life and its culture?
5. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)