|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag seems stereotype inscrutable Chinese values, smacking of the anti-Chinese ____________ in her time.
2. Painting allows for __________ vision, while photography does not require this sort of vision.
3. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
(d) Digital cameras.
4. Collecting photographs is easy. What is NOT one of the reasons for the ease of collecting photographs, according to this chapter?
(a) They are small.
(b) They are durable.
(c) They are easily transportable.
(d) They can be stored on a computer.
5. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
6. Photographs can mingle documentation with __________ rendering, according to Sontag in this chapter.
7. Modern photography seems to admit that __________ is the sum total of all art in photography.
8. What is NOT one of the things which helped to give photography a boost in popularity when it was discovered these things could be done?
9. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
(a) Does the subject exist?
(b) Is photography art?
(c) How is photography real?
(d) Does art matter?
10. Even though photographs are generally consistent, _________ tastes in photography exist and change over time.
11. In 1839, photography was briefly attacked as something ___________ and disgraceful, according to the book.
12. What kind of film did Antonioni make about the Chinese culture and family life?
13. Just like painting and other forms of art, photography has had various ____________.
14. The reaction to the film in China is illustrative of an essential ____________ difference in the way that photography is understood.
15. Some theorize that the practice of photography allows the disclosure of a ___________ truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography requires dissociative __________ when the person is photographing an item or object.
2. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
3. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
4. What is NOT one of the things that the Chinese expect from photography, which can cause a disconnect?
5. The film that Antonioni produced about the life of the Chinese was not shown in China until _____________.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)