|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs can mingle documentation with __________ rendering, according to Sontag in this chapter.
2. Sontag seems stereotype inscrutable Chinese values, smacking of the anti-Chinese ____________ in her time.
3. By __________, photography became an acceptable part of modern day life, according to the book.
4. Photographs cannot ___________ of something and are therefore obviously reproductive or mimetic.
(a) Ignore the rules.
(b) Understand the truth.
(c) Not be.
(d) Simply be.
5. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
6. At times in the photography movement, the __________ is considered important while at other times it is not.
7. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
8. Some theorize that the practice of photography allows the disclosure of a ___________ truth.
9. "Despite the efforts of contemporary photographers to exorcise the _____________, something lingers."
(d) Specter of art.
10. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
(c) Technological advances.
11. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
12. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
13. __________ is difficult, tedious, and performed by skilled experts, according to Sontag in this book.
14. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
15. Painting allows for __________ vision, while photography does not require this sort of vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. The film director also focused on the most often ____________ features of Chinese life which were also humanizing.
2. Most - nearly all - __________ images are photographs, according to Sontag's findings.
3. Photography allows painting to focus on the purely __________ of the object being captured.
4. Photography requires dissociative __________ when the person is photographing an item or object.
5. The overall discussion in this chapter is that on some level, in photography, images are or supersede __________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)