|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
2. The preference in question #154 is actually used as the very definition of modern __________, according to Sontag.
3. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
4. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
5. __________ is difficult, tedious, and performed by skilled experts, according to Sontag in this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
2. _____________ were circulated condemning the film as a gross mischaracterization of China and the Chinese.
3. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
4. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
5. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)