|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
2. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
(a) Truth telling.
(b) High art.
(d) Assembly line.
3. A photograph is reliable as it is contrived through a __________, hence putatively reliable, process.
4. Just like painting and other forms of art, photography has had various ____________.
5. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A need.
(c) A desire.
(d) A push.
Short Answer Questions
1. Others believe that photography is purely _________ and entirely devoid of interpretation in a subjective sense.
2. Who invited Antonioni to make a film about the Chinese life and its culture?
3. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
4. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
5. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)