|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
2. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
(a) Photo albums.
3. The preference in question #154 is actually used as the very definition of modern __________, according to Sontag.
4. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
5. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
2. The Chinese government denounced Antonioni's film as anti-Chinese and anti-___________.
3. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
4. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
5. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)