|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs in China are seen as another extension of _____________, which is why the film was misunderstood.
(b) Military involvement.
2. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
3. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
4. It is __________ to distinguish one photographer's work from another, according to the opinion of Sontag.
5. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) True ego.
(b) Death trip.
(c) Power trip.
(d) Wild ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
2. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
3. By __________, photography became an acceptable part of modern day life, according to the book.
4. Photographs can mingle documentation with __________ rendering, according to Sontag in this chapter.
5. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)