|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
2. What is NOT one of the things that the Chinese expect from photography, which can cause a disconnect?
(a) Posed scenes.
(b) Fast camera motion.
(c) Healthy topics.
(d) Logical transitions.
3. Collecting photographs is easy. What is NOT one of the reasons for the ease of collecting photographs, according to this chapter?
(a) They can be stored on a computer.
(b) They are durable.
(c) They are easily transportable.
(d) They are small.
4. The __________ are not the same between painting and photography, though the devotion may be.
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(d) Looking at.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
2. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
3. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
4. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
5. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)