|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
2. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(a) High income.
(b) Low income.
3. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
4. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
(b) Young art.
(c) Rich art.
(d) High art.
5. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
2. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
3. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
4. Sontag says that some artists ___________ for the express purpose of having it photographed.
5. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)