|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) True ego.
(b) Wild ride.
(c) Death trip.
(d) Power trip.
2. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
3. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
(c) Film slides.
4. The film that Antonioni produced about the life of the Chinese was not shown in China until _____________.
5. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
Short Answer Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
2. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
3. At times in the photography movement, the __________ is considered important while at other times it is not.
4. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
5. This chapter says that society seems to prefer ________ to things, and continues to repeat this idea throughout the text.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)