|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Loyalty of Plato.
(d) The Republic of Plato.
2. What is NOT one of the things that the Chinese expect from photography, which can cause a disconnect?
(a) Healthy topics.
(b) Fast camera motion.
(c) Posed scenes.
(d) Logical transitions.
3. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
4. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
5. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
(d) A ribbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
2. "Despite the efforts of contemporary photographers to exorcise the _____________, something lingers."
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
4. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
5. Modern photography seems to admit that __________ is the sum total of all art in photography.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)