|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag seems stereotype inscrutable Chinese values, smacking of the anti-Chinese ____________ in her time.
2. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
3. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
4. Who is NOT one of the authors presented in the section about photography in the literary world?
(a) Marcel Proust.
(b) Herman Melville.
(c) Thomas Mann.
(d) William Shakespeare.
5. Within photography have also been loosely organized __________, though not as strong as painting has had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
2. Who was rendered with Antonioni's typical flair and technique, featuring long shots, close-ups, jarring juxtaposition, and a focus on the ordinary?
3. In China, photography is subsumed by the state _______________ apparatus, according to the book's findings.
4. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
5. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)