|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
2. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
3. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
4. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
5. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
5. Photography requires dissociative __________ when the person is photographing an item or object.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)