|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
3. Most continue to claim that photography is entirely _________, according to the research of Sontag.
4. The film director also focused on the most often ____________ features of Chinese life which were also humanizing.
5. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
(c) Stage plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs present the real, but it is a ________ real of acquisition via mechanical duplication, according to the chapter.
2. Most theories of art, according to Sontag, have only proven to be __________ in retrospect as well as in their own time.
3. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
4. Most - nearly all - __________ images are photographs, according to Sontag's findings.
5. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)