|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The overall discussion in this chapter is that on some level, in photography, images are or supersede __________.
2. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
3. It is __________ to distinguish one photographer's work from another, according to the opinion of Sontag.
4. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(b) Superficial distinctions.
5. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
Short Answer Questions
1. Some cultures feel that the image is in fact part of the _________, according to this chapter of the book.
2. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
3. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
4. Early in their history, photographs entered __________ where they were displayed in shows as were paintings.
5. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)