|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
2. What is NOT one of the things which helped to give photography a boost in popularity when it was discovered these things could be done?
3. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
4. The film that Antonioni produced about the life of the Chinese was not shown in China until _____________.
5. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
(c) Over exposure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some cultures feel that the image is in fact part of the _________, according to this chapter of the book.
2. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
5. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)