|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
2. Photographs present the real, but it is a ________ real of acquisition via mechanical duplication, according to the chapter.
3. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
4. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
5. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(c) Superficial distinctions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
2. What kind of film did Antonioni make about the Chinese culture and family life?
3. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
4. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
5. The film director also focused on the most often ____________ features of Chinese life which were also humanizing.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)