|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
4. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(b) Dark corners.
5. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
2. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
3. Most continue to claim that photography is entirely _________, according to the research of Sontag.
4. The reaction to the film in China is illustrative of an essential ____________ difference in the way that photography is understood.
5. In China, photography is subsumed by the state _______________ apparatus, according to the book's findings.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)