|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
2. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
3. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
4. The reaction to the film in China is illustrative of an essential ____________ difference in the way that photography is understood.
5. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The preference in question #154 is actually used as the very definition of modern __________, according to Sontag.
2. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
3. Balzac was one of many philosophers who believed that photographs are somehow permanently invasive of the process of ________.
4. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
5. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)