|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs present the real, but it is a ________ real of acquisition via mechanical duplication, according to the chapter.
2. The __________ are not the same between painting and photography, though the devotion may be.
3. Painting allows for __________ vision, while photography does not require this sort of vision.
4. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. In China, photography is subsumed by the state _______________ apparatus, according to the book's findings.
3. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
4. In a sense, according to Sontag, photography actually helps to ____________ beauty as society defines it.
5. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)