|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It becomes imperative, in order to avoid cliche, to constantly be discovering new sources of ___________.
(d) Original beauty.
2. The Chinese government denounced Antonioni's film as anti-Chinese and anti-___________.
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
5. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most theories of art, according to Sontag, have only proven to be __________ in retrospect as well as in their own time.
2. Who invited Antonioni to make a film about the Chinese life and its culture?
3. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
4. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
5. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)