|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(a) Chemical engineer.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
3. Photographs make ____________ safe and concrete, according to Sontag. Some prefer photographs to reality.
4. Many tribes view the act of taking pictures of something or of someone as ______________.
(b) Soul stealing.
5. Sontag seems stereotype inscrutable Chinese values, smacking of the anti-Chinese ____________ in her time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
2. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
3. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)