|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
2. Who was rendered with Antonioni's typical flair and technique, featuring long shots, close-ups, jarring juxtaposition, and a focus on the ordinary?
(a) Chung Koan.
(b) Chang Kon.
(c) Ching Kon.
(d) Chung Kuo.
3. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
4. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
5. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(a) Social abjection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
2. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. Photographs in China are seen as another extension of _____________, which is why the film was misunderstood.
5. This chapter says that society seems to prefer ________ to things, and continues to repeat this idea throughout the text.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)