|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
3. Photography enjoyed a boost when the public learned that photographs could be ______________.
(a) Kept forever.
4. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
(b) Film slides.
5. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
2. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
3. The Chinese government denounced Antonioni's film as anti-Chinese and anti-___________.
4. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
5. Some theorize that the practice of photography allows the disclosure of a ___________ truth.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)