|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Image-World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Collecting photographs is easy. What is NOT one of the reasons for the ease of collecting photographs, according to this chapter?
(a) They are durable.
(b) They are small.
(c) They can be stored on a computer.
(d) They are easily transportable.
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) Criminal activity.
(b) The underworld.
4. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
5. Photographs make ____________ safe and concrete, according to Sontag. Some prefer photographs to reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
2. The film that Antonioni produced about the life of the Chinese was not shown in China until _____________.
3. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
4. And others believe that all proficient photographers must metaphysically ________ the object which they are photographing.
5. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)