|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography enjoyed a boost when the public learned that photographs could be ______________.
(b) Kept forever.
2. __________ is difficult, tedious, and performed by skilled experts, according to Sontag in this book.
3. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
4. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
5. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs cannot ___________ of something and are therefore obviously reproductive or mimetic.
2. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
3. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
4. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
5. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)