|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(c) Been a success.
(d) Touched others in the event.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
3. Others believe that photography is purely _________ and entirely devoid of interpretation in a subjective sense.
4. Early in their history, photographs entered __________ where they were displayed in shows as were paintings.
(d) Grocery stores.
5. In 1839, photography was briefly attacked as something ___________ and disgraceful, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
2. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
3. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
4. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
5. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)