|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
(a) Assembly line.
(c) High art.
(d) Truth telling.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Republic of Plato.
(b) The Loyalty of Plato.
(c) Plato's Republic.
(d) Plato's Cave.
3. The __________ are not the same between painting and photography, though the devotion may be.
4. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
5. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography enjoyed a boost when the public learned that photographs could be ______________.
2. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
5. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)