|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
(a) Rich art.
(b) Young art.
(d) High art.
2. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
3. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(a) South American.
4. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
(c) Stage plays.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
2. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
5. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)