|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
2. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
3. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(b) A need.
(c) A push.
(d) A desire.
4. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
5. It becomes imperative, in order to avoid cliche, to constantly be discovering new sources of ___________.
(b) Original beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times in the photography movement, the __________ is considered important while at other times it is not.
2. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)