|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
2. Sontag says that some artists ___________ for the express purpose of having it photographed.
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Sculpt in bronze and plaster.
(c) Create their work.
(d) Use cameras.
3. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
4. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
5. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
(c) Digital cameras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
2. "Despite the efforts of contemporary photographers to exorcise the _____________, something lingers."
3. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
5. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)