|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(b) Chemical engineer.
2. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Roy Emerson Stryker.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
3. Modern photography seems to admit that __________ is the sum total of all art in photography.
4. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
5. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(b) Low income.
(c) High income.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
2. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
3. Some theorize that the practice of photography allows the disclosure of a ___________ truth.
4. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
5. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)