|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
2. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
3. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(c) South American.
5. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Understand it.
(b) Believe in it.
(c) Expose it.
(d) Change it.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
2. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
5. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)