|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their families.
(b) Their days.
(d) Their food.
2. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
3. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
4. Photography requires dissociative __________ when the person is photographing an item or object.
5. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within photography have also been loosely organized __________, though not as strong as painting has had.
2. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
3. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
4. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
5. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)