|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(b) Closing their eyes.
3. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
4. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
(b) Technological advances.
5. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of One.
(b) Family of All.
(c) Family of the Universal.
(d) Family of Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
2. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
3. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
4. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
5. Photography freed ____________ from the reproductive arts, according to Sontag's writing in this book.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)