|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(b) Criminal activity.
(d) The underworld.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
2. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
3. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
4. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
5. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)