|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Despite the efforts of contemporary photographers to exorcise the _____________, something lingers."
(b) Specter of art.
2. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
(b) High art.
(c) Young art.
(d) Rich art.
3. And others believe that all proficient photographers must metaphysically ________ the object which they are photographing.
(a) Link to.
(b) Connect with.
4. Others believe that photography is purely _________ and entirely devoid of interpretation in a subjective sense.
5. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
2. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
3. Most continue to claim that photography is entirely _________, according to the research of Sontag.
4. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
5. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)