|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most theories of art, according to Sontag, have only proven to be __________ in retrospect as well as in their own time.
(d) Cutting edge.
2. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) True ego.
(b) Power trip.
(c) Death trip.
(d) Wild ride.
3. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
(a) Film slides.
4. Sontag says that some artists ___________ for the express purpose of having it photographed.
(a) Create their work.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Use cameras.
(d) Sculpt in bronze and plaster.
5. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
2. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
5. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)