|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography is published in books with _______ of white space and precise layouts, making it seem artistic.
2. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
(c) Technological advances.
3. In 1839, photography was briefly attacked as something ___________ and disgraceful, according to the book.
4. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
4. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
5. __________ is difficult, tedious, and performed by skilled experts, according to Sontag in this book.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)