|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
2. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
3. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(b) Frozen in time.
4. Early in their history, photographs entered __________ where they were displayed in shows as were paintings.
(d) Grocery stores.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
3. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
4. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
5. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)