|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The very act of ____________ something new casts it as something new and beautiful.
2. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
3. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
(c) Technological advances.
4. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
5. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
(b) High art.
(c) Rich art.
(d) Young art.
Short Answer Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
3. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
4. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
5. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)