|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
2. Others believe that photography is purely _________ and entirely devoid of interpretation in a subjective sense.
3. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
4. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
5. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
2. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
3. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
4. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
5. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)