|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
2. Most theories of art, according to Sontag, have only proven to be __________ in retrospect as well as in their own time.
(a) Cutting edge.
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. It becomes imperative, in order to avoid cliche, to constantly be discovering new sources of ___________.
(d) Original beauty.
5. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
3. "Despite the efforts of contemporary photographers to exorcise the _____________, something lingers."
4. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
5. Photography allows painting to focus on the purely __________ of the object being captured.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)