|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
2. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A push.
(b) A desire.
(c) A need.
3. Photography enjoyed a boost when the public learned that photographs could be ______________.
(c) Kept forever.
4. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(d) Chemical engineer.
5. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(b) The world's darkness.
(c) All humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
2. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
3. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
4. Photography freed ____________ from the reproductive arts, according to Sontag's writing in this book.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)