|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
2. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
3. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
4. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Republic of Plato.
(b) The Loyalty of Plato.
(c) Plato's Cave.
(d) Plato's Republic.
5. Painting allows for __________ vision, while photography does not require this sort of vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
2. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. Photographs can mingle documentation with __________ rendering, according to Sontag in this chapter.
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)