|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
2. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
3. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
4. It becomes imperative, in order to avoid cliche, to constantly be discovering new sources of ___________.
(d) Original beauty.
5. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
2. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
3. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
4. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
5. Photography freed ____________ from the reproductive arts, according to Sontag's writing in this book.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)