|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a sense, according to Sontag, photography actually helps to ____________ beauty as society defines it.
(a) Clean up.
2. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(b) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
3. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
4. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
5. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
3. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
4. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
5. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)