|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
2. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
3. The very act of ____________ something new casts it as something new and beautiful.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography enjoyed a boost when the public learned that photographs could be ______________.
2. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
3. The __________ are not the same between painting and photography, though the devotion may be.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)