|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
2. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
(b) Truth telling.
(c) Assembly line.
(d) High art.
3. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of All.
(b) Family of Man.
(c) Family of One.
(d) Family of the Universal.
4. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
5. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
3. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
4. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
5. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)