|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
2. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
3. The __________ are not the same between painting and photography, though the devotion may be.
4. The very act of ____________ something new casts it as something new and beautiful.
5. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
2. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
3. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
4. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
5. Photography freed ____________ from the reproductive arts, according to Sontag's writing in this book.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)