|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(c) Criminal activity.
(d) The underworld.
4. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(c) Looking at.
Short Answer Questions
1. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
2. The very act of ____________ something new casts it as something new and beautiful.
3. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
4. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)