|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs cannot ___________ of something and are therefore obviously reproductive or mimetic.
(a) Ignore the rules.
(b) Understand the truth.
(c) Simply be.
(d) Not be.
2. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
3. Photography allows painting to focus on the purely __________ of the object being captured.
4. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(d) Frozen in time.
5. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
2. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
3. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
4. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
5. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)