|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Death trip.
(b) Power trip.
(c) True ego.
(d) Wild ride.
4. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
5. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(a) South American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
2. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
3. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
4. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
5. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)