|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
(b) Film slides.
2. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
3. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The ether.
(c) The world.
(d) True desire.
5. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
2. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
3. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
4. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
5. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)