|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
2. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
3. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
4. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
5. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A desire.
(b) A push.
(d) A need.
Short Answer Questions
1. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
2. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
3. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
4. The question becomes whether photography is a ___________ process of documentation via machine, or not.
5. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)