|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Wild ride.
(b) True ego.
(c) Death trip.
(d) Power trip.
2. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(b) Criminal activity.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
2. Photography allows painting to focus on the purely __________ of the object being captured.
3. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)