|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(c) Looking at.
2. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
3. Painting allows for __________ vision, while photography does not require this sort of vision.
4. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Republic of Plato.
(b) Plato's Cave.
(c) The Loyalty of Plato.
(d) Plato's Republic.
5. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
2. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
3. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
4. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
5. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)