|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
3. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
4. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
5. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
(a) High art.
(b) Assembly line.
(c) Truth telling.
Short Answer Questions
1. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
2. The question becomes whether photography is a ___________ process of documentation via machine, or not.
3. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
4. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
5. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)