|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
2. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
3. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
4. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
2. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
3. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
5. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)