|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(d) Exactly the same.
2. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(b) Criminal activity.
(d) The underworld.
4. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their days.
(d) Their families.
5. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Republic of Plato.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Loyalty of Plato.
(d) Plato's Cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
3. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
4. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
5. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)