|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(b) Dark corners.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
4. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
5. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The ether.
(b) True desire.
(d) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
2. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
5. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)