|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(a) Looking at.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
5. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A sense.
(b) A picture.
(c) A shape.
(d) A word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
2. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
3. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
4. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)