|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
2. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(c) Low income.
(d) High income.
5. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(b) Chemical engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
2. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
3. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
4. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
5. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)