|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
3. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
4. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
5. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
(a) Farm Service Administration.
(b) Farm Service Association.
(c) Farm Security Administration.
(d) Farm Settler Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
2. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
3. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
4. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
5. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)