|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
2. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
3. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
4. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
5. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
2. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
3. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
4. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
5. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)