|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
2. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A shape.
(b) A word.
(c) A picture.
(d) A sense.
5. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of Man.
(b) Family of One.
(c) Family of All.
(d) Family of the Universal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
2. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
3. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
4. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)