|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
2. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(b) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
3. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
4. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
5. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) Criminal activity.
(b) The underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
2. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
3. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
4. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
5. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)