|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
2. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
3. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Roy Emerson Stryker.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
4. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(b) Exactly the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
2. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
3. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)