|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
2. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
3. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
4. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
5. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
2. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
3. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
4. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
5. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)