|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of Man.
(b) Family of the Universal.
(c) Family of One.
(d) Family of All.
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(d) Real world.
3. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(d) Chemical engineer.
4. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
5. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
2. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
3. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
4. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
5. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)