|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
2. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Believe in it.
(b) Change it.
(c) Expose it.
(d) Understand it.
3. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
4. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
5. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
Short Answer Questions
1. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
2. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
3. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
4. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
5. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)