|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(a) Exactly the same.
3. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(a) Low income.
(b) High income.
4. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
2. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
3. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
4. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
5. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)