|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(d) Real world.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
(c) South American.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
2. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
3. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
4. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
5. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)