|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Loyalty of Plato.
(d) The Republic of Plato.
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
5. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
2. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
3. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
4. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
5. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)