|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(b) Criminal activity.
(d) The underworld.
4. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(b) Exactly the same.
5. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
2. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
3. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
4. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
5. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)