|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(b) Real world.
2. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(a) South American.
3. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
4. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
5. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
Short Answer Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
3. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
4. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
5. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)