|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
2. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Roy Emerson Stryker.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
4. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
5. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(c) Real world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
2. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
3. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
5. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)