|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(b) Dark corners.
3. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
4. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
5. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
2. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
3. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
4. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
5. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)