|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
2. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
3. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(c) Dark corners.
4. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
5. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Change it.
(b) Understand it.
(c) Expose it.
(d) Believe in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
2. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
5. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)