|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(b) Social abjection.
2. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Power trip.
(b) Wild ride.
(c) True ego.
(d) Death trip.
3. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
4. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
5. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(c) Touched others in the event.
(d) Been a success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
2. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
3. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)