|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
3. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(c) Real world.
4. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
5. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
2. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
5. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)