|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(c) Real objects.
2. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
5. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A word.
(b) A shape.
(c) A sense.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
2. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
3. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
5. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)