|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
2. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
3. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
3. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
4. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
5. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)