|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
2. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
3. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
4. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
5. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
2. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
3. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
4. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
5. When did the largest collection photographic project take place with the help of the FSA?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)