|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
5. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
2. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
3. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
4. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
5. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)