|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
2. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
3. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(c) Social abjection.
4. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
5. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
2. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)