|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A sense.
(b) A shape.
(c) A picture.
(d) A word.
2. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(d) Frozen in time.
3. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A push.
(b) A need.
(d) A desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
2. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
5. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)