|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
2. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) Criminal activity.
(d) The underworld.
5. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
2. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
3. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
4. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
5. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)