|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(d) Looking at.
2. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of All.
(b) Family of Man.
(c) Family of One.
(d) Family of the Universal.
3. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(d) South American.
5. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
2. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
3. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)