|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
(d) South American.
2. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
3. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Change it.
(b) Understand it.
(c) Expose it.
(d) Believe in it.
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) True desire.
(b) The world.
(c) The ether.
5. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
2. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
3. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
5. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)