|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
2. When did the largest collection photographic project take place with the help of the FSA?
3. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
4. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
2. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
3. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
4. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
5. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)