|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
(a) Duly earned.
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
4. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
5. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
3. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
4. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
5. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)