|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Loyalty of Plato.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) Plato's Cave.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) Criminal activity.
(b) The underworld.
4. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(c) Looking at.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
2. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
3. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
4. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
5. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)