|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
(b) Duly earned.
2. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Power trip.
(b) Death trip.
(c) Wild ride.
(d) True ego.
3. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
4. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
5. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(c) Criminal activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
2. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
3. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
4. When did the largest collection photographic project take place with the help of the FSA?
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)