|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
3. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(b) Exactly the same.
4. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
5. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
3. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
4. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
5. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)