|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
2. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
3. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Republic.
(b) The Republic of Plato.
(c) The Loyalty of Plato.
(d) Plato's Cave.
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The ether.
(b) True desire.
(c) The world.
5. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A word.
(b) A sense.
(c) A picture.
(d) A shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
2. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
3. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
4. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
5. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)