|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
2. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
3. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) True desire.
(c) The world.
(d) The ether.
4. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
5. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
2. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
3. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
4. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
5. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)