|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
2. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
3. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
4. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
5. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
4. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
5. When did the largest collection photographic project take place with the help of the FSA?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)