|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
2. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A desire.
(c) A push.
(d) A need.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(c) The underworld.
(d) Criminal activity.
4. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
2. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
3. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
4. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
5. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)