|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
2. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(c) Frozen in time.
3. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
4. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
5. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
2. When did the largest collection photographic project take place with the help of the FSA?
3. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
4. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)