|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
2. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
3. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
4. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
2. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)