|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
2. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
3. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their food.
(b) Their families.
(c) Their days.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
3. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
4. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
5. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)