|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A shape.
(b) A word.
(c) A picture.
(d) A sense.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
4. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
5. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
2. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
3. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
4. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
5. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)