|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
4. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
3. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
4. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
5. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)