|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(a) Chemical engineer.
2. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
5. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Republic.
(b) Plato's Cave.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
2. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)