|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(c) Chemical engineer.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(b) Superficial distinctions.
4. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their families.
(b) Their food.
(d) Their days.
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(d) Looking at.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
2. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
3. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
4. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
5. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)