|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(d) Exactly the same.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(b) Dark corners.
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
5. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
5. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)