|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
2. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The ether.
(b) The world.
(d) True desire.
3. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
4. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
5. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(b) Dark corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
2. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
5. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)