|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
2. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(b) All humans.
(d) The world's darkness.
3. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
4. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
5. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
4. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
5. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)