|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
2. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(b) Been a success.
(c) Touched others in the event.
3. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(a) Superficial distinctions.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
3. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
4. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
5. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)