|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
2. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
3. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
4. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
5. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(c) Criminal activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
3. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
4. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
5. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)