|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
2. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
3. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
4. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) The Loyalty of Plato.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) Plato's Republic.
5. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
4. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
5. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)