|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
3. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
4. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
5. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
2. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
3. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
4. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
5. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)