|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
4. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
5. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(a) Closing their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
2. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
3. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
4. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
5. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)