|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
2. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A desire.
(b) A push.
(d) A need.
3. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
(a) A ribbon.
4. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(b) Exactly the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
4. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
5. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)