|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(a) Touched others in the event.
(b) Been a success.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their days.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their food.
3. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
4. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)