|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
2. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
5. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
4. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
5. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)