|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(d) Real world.
2. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(a) Exactly the same.
3. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(b) Chemical engineer.
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
2. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
3. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
4. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
5. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)