|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(d) Criminal activity.
2. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(d) Exactly the same.
3. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A word.
(b) A shape.
(c) A picture.
(d) A sense.
4. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
5. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
2. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
3. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
5. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)