|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(a) Been a success.
(b) Touched others in the event.
2. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
5. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
2. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
3. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
4. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)