|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(c) Superficial distinctions.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
2. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
3. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
4. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)