|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
2. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(a) Superficial distinctions.
4. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(c) Touched others in the event.
(d) Been a success.
5. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(c) Chemical engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
2. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
5. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)