|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(b) The ether.
(c) The world.
(d) True desire.
2. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
3. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
4. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
5. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
3. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
4. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
5. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)