|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(c) Closing their eyes.
2. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
3. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
4. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
5. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
2. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
3. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)