|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(c) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
2. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(b) Looking at.
3. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A sense.
(b) A picture.
(c) A word.
(d) A shape.
4. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
2. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
5. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)