|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) Criminal activity.
(b) The underworld.
2. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
3. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
4. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
5. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)