|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
2. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
5. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
2. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)