|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
2. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The ether.
(c) True desire.
(d) The world.
3. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(b) Their families.
(c) Their days.
(d) Their food.
4. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
3. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
4. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
5. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)