|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(c) Touched others in the event.
(d) Been a success.
2. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
3. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A shape.
(b) A picture.
(c) A sense.
(d) A word.
4. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
5. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
2. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
3. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
4. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
5. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)