|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their food.
(b) Their families.
(d) Their days.
2. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(b) Looking at.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(c) Criminal activity.
4. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
5. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) All humans.
(c) The world's darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
2. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
3. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
4. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)