|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
2. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(b) Looking at.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
5. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)