|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(d) Closing their eyes.
2. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
2. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)