|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(c) Criminal activity.
(d) The underworld.
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) All humans.
(b) The world's darkness.
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(b) The world.
(c) True desire.
(d) The ether.
5. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) The Loyalty of Plato.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) Plato's Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
2. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
3. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
4. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
5. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)