|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(a) Real objects.
3. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(d) Criminal activity.
5. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
4. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
5. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)