|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(b) All humans.
(c) The world's darkness.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Republic.
(b) Plato's Cave.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
3. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
4. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
3. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
4. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
5. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)