|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(b) Closing their eyes.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The world.
(b) True desire.
(d) The ether.
4. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
2. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)