|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
3. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Republic of Plato.
(b) The Loyalty of Plato.
(c) Plato's Cave.
(d) Plato's Republic.
4. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
5. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their food.
(b) Their days.
(d) Their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
2. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
3. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
4. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
5. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)