|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their families.
(b) Their food.
(d) Their days.
2. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(d) Real objects.
3. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(d) Real world.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(c) Criminal activity.
5. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
2. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
3. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)