|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
2. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The world.
(b) True desire.
(d) The ether.
3. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
4. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(c) Real objects.
5. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(c) The underworld.
(d) Criminal activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
3. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
4. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
5. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)