|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) The underworld.
(c) Criminal activity.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(b) The world's darkness.
(c) All humans.
5. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(d) Real world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
2. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
3. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)