|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(d) Looking at.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their days.
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
5. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
2. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
3. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
4. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
5. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)