|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
2. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A picture.
(b) A shape.
(c) A word.
(d) A sense.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
5. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
2. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)