|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
5. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
2. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
3. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
4. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
5. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)