|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(b) Criminal activity.
(c) The underworld.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their days.
(c) Their food.
(d) Their families.
3. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
4. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(d) Looking at.
5. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Republic of Plato.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) Plato's Cave.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
4. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
5. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)