|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their food.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their days.
3. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(a) Looking at.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
4. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
5. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)