|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
2. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
5. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)