|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(d) Real world.
3. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
4. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
5. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
4. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)