|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
2. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
3. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
4. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(a) Real objects.
5. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
2. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)