|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
(a) Truth telling.
(b) High art.
(c) Assembly line.
2. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of the Universal.
(b) Family of Man.
(c) Family of One.
(d) Family of All.
3. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
4. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
5. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
(a) South American.
Short Answer Questions
1. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
2. Even though photographs are generally consistent, _________ tastes in photography exist and change over time.
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)