|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
2. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
3. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
4. Sontag says that some artists ___________ for the express purpose of having it photographed.
(a) Create their work.
(b) Sculpt in bronze and plaster.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Use cameras.
5. Photographs can mingle documentation with __________ rendering, according to Sontag in this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though photographs are generally consistent, _________ tastes in photography exist and change over time.
2. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
3. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
4. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
5. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)