|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. Photography allows painting to focus on the purely __________ of the object being captured.
3. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
(d) Over exposure.
4. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Change it.
(b) Expose it.
(c) Believe in it.
(d) Understand it.
5. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography is published in books with _______ of white space and precise layouts, making it seem artistic.
2. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
3. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
4. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
5. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)