|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Others believe that photography is purely _________ and entirely devoid of interpretation in a subjective sense.
2. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
3. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(b) Exactly the same.
4. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
5. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
2. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
3. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
4. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
5. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)