|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
(d) Stage plays.
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
4. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
5. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
2. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
3. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
4. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
5. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)