|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most theories of art, according to Sontag, have only proven to be __________ in retrospect as well as in their own time.
(c) Cutting edge.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) The Loyalty of Plato.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) Plato's Republic.
3. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
4. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
5. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
2. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
5. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)