|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag says that some artists ___________ for the express purpose of having it photographed.
(a) Use cameras.
(b) Sculpt in bronze and plaster.
(c) Create their work.
(d) Go back to school.
2. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
(a) Rich art.
(c) Young art.
(d) High art.
5. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
3. Some champion total self ____________ for the photographer in order to capture subjects in the way that makes sense for an audience.
4. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
5. Photography freed ____________ from the reproductive arts, according to Sontag's writing in this book.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)