|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
2. Modern photography seems to admit that __________ is the sum total of all art in photography.
3. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Wild ride.
(b) Death trip.
(c) Power trip.
(d) True ego.
4. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
5. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
2. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
3. The question becomes whether photography is a ___________ process of documentation via machine, or not.
4. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
5. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)