|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
3. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
(a) High art.
(b) Truth telling.
(d) Assembly line.
4. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
5. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
2. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
3. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
4. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
5. In a sense, according to Sontag, photography actually helps to ____________ beauty as society defines it.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)