|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
2. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of One.
(b) Family of the Universal.
(c) Family of Man.
(d) Family of All.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
5. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
3. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
4. Even though photographs are generally consistent, _________ tastes in photography exist and change over time.
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)