|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
(d) A ribbon.
2. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
3. In a sense, according to Sontag, photography actually helps to ____________ beauty as society defines it.
(c) Clean up.
4. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
5. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. Others believe that photography is purely _________ and entirely devoid of interpretation in a subjective sense.
4. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
5. Photographs can mingle documentation with __________ rendering, according to Sontag in this chapter.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)