|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, modern photography claims that the ___________ is irrelevant within the picture's creation.
2. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
3. In the conventional wisdom right now, only beautiful things are ______________.
4. Early in their history, photographs entered __________ where they were displayed in shows as were paintings.
(d) Grocery stores.
5. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
2. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
3. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
4. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
5. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)