|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) True desire.
(c) The world.
(d) The ether.
2. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(c) Closing their eyes.
3. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of Man.
(b) Family of All.
(c) Family of One.
(d) Family of the Universal.
4. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A need.
(b) A desire.
(c) A push.
5. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
2. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
5. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)