|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
2. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
3. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
4. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
5. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
2. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
3. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
4. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
5. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)