|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(c) Chemical engineer.
3. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
4. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
5. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A push.
(b) A desire.
(d) A need.
Short Answer Questions
1. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
2. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
3. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
4. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
5. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)