|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
3. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
4. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of All.
(b) Family of One.
(c) Family of Man.
(d) Family of the Universal.
5. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
2. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
4. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
5. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)