|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A shape.
(b) A word.
(c) A sense.
(d) A picture.
2. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A push.
(c) A need.
(d) A desire.
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
2. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
3. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
4. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
5. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)