|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(c) Real objects.
2. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
3. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(b) The underworld.
(d) Criminal activity.
5. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
2. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
3. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
4. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
5. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)