|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
2. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
4. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
5. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
3. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
4. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)