|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
2. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
3. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
4. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Republic of Plato.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Loyalty of Plato.
(d) Plato's Cave.
5. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(d) Chemical engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
2. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
3. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
4. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
5. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)