|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ often use cameras and practice photography as a method of certifying their travel experience.
2. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(c) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
4. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
5. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
2. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
4. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
5. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)