|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) All humans.
(d) The world's darkness.
2. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
3. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
4. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
5. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(a) Real objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
2. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)