|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
2. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
3. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
4. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(d) Exactly the same.
5. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
2. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
3. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
4. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
5. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)