|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
3. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
4. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(b) Superficial distinctions.
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(a) Exactly the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
2. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
3. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
4. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
5. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)