|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
2. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
3. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
4. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
3. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
4. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
5. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)