|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
2. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
(a) Exactly the same.
3. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
4. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) All humans.
(d) The world's darkness.
5. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
2. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
3. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
4. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
5. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)