|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(d) Real objects.
2. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(b) The world.
(c) The ether.
(d) True desire.
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
5. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
2. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
3. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
4. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
5. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)