|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(b) Touched others in the event.
(d) Been a success.
2. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
3. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their days.
(b) Their families.
(d) Their food.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
2. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
5. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)