|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
2. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
3. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(a) Closing their eyes.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(d) Real world.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
2. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
3. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
4. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
5. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)