|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(d) Chemical engineer.
2. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(c) Been a success.
(d) Touched others in the event.
3. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
4. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
5. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
2. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
3. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
4. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
5. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)