|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(d) Real objects.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
3. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
4. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
5. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A push.
(c) A need.
(d) A desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
2. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
3. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
4. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
5. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)