|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(a) Touched others in the event.
(b) Been a success.
2. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
3. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(c) Chemical engineer.
4. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
2. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
3. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
4. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
5. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)