|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
2. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(a) Superficial distinctions.
3. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
4. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
5. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A word.
(b) A picture.
(c) A sense.
(d) A shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
2. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
3. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
4. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)