|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
2. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(d) Superficial distinctions.
4. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
5. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) The world's darkness.
(d) All humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
2. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
3. Photographs now impose standards of art, culture, and ________ in the world, according to this chapter.
4. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
5. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)