|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(a) A need.
(c) A push.
(d) A desire.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
4. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
5. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
2. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
3. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)