|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A picture.
(b) A shape.
(c) A sense.
(d) A word.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
3. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
4. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
2. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
3. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
5. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)