|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. When did the largest collection photographic project take place with the help of the FSA?
3. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their days.
4. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
5. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
2. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
3. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
4. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
5. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)