|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(d) Closing their eyes.
2. _____________ is easy, rapid, and can be performed by just about anyone, according to Sontag.
3. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
4. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(b) Frozen in time.
5. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
(d) A ribbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
2. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
3. Or is photography a ________ using an incidentally mimetic process, as referenced by Sontag in the book?
4. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
5. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)