|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
2. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
(a) Farm Service Administration.
(b) Farm Settler Administration.
(c) Farm Security Administration.
(d) Farm Service Association.
3. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
4. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
5. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
4. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
5. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)