|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
2. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(b) Criminal activity.
(c) The underworld.
4. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
5. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The world.
(b) True desire.
(c) The ether.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
2. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
3. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
4. Photography enjoyed a boost when the public learned that photographs could be ______________.
5. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)