|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is photography continuously compared within the chapters of the book?
(c) Stage plays.
2. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(b) Chemical engineer.
3. Photography yields to viewers _____________ to look and to act as a sort of voyeur without repercussion.
(b) A desire.
(c) A need.
(d) A push.
4. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
5. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
2. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
3. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
4. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
5. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)