|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of All.
(b) Family of the Universal.
(c) Family of Man.
(d) Family of One.
2. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
3. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A shape.
(b) A sense.
(c) A word.
(d) A picture.
4. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
5. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
Short Answer Questions
1. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
3. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
4. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
5. What is NOT one of the things which helped to give photography a boost in popularity when it was discovered these things could be done?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)