|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. Photography makes a compassionate response to presented images ________________.
3. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
4. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
5. In a sense, according to Sontag, photography actually helps to ____________ beauty as society defines it.
(a) Clean up.
Short Answer Questions
1. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
2. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
3. Even banal or vapid objects can be made _____________ by being photographed, according to this chapter.
4. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
5. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)