|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(b) Frozen in time.
2. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(d) Real objects.
3. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
4. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
5. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
Short Answer Questions
1. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
2. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
3. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. What is NOT one of the things which helped to give photography a boost in popularity when it was discovered these things could be done?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)