|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
2. __________ is difficult, tedious, and performed by skilled experts, according to Sontag in this book.
3. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
4. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
(a) A ribbon.
5. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
2. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
3. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
4. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
5. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)