|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
2. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(b) Criminal activity.
(d) The underworld.
4. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
5. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the largest collection photographic project take place with the help of the FSA?
2. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
3. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
4. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
5. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)