|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The very act of ____________ something new casts it as something new and beautiful.
2. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
3. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(d) South American.
5. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
(a) The world.
(b) The ether.
(d) True desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
2. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
3. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
4. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
5. Many people fear being photographed because they fear the camera's ___________ of their looks.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)