|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do beautiful things begin to seem cliched and dull? Through their ____________, things become cliched.
(c) Over exposure.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
5. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
2. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
4. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
5. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)