|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(b) Frozen in time.
2. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of the Universal.
(b) Family of All.
(c) Family of One.
(d) Family of Man.
3. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(b) Real objects.
4. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
(a) Farm Settler Administration.
(b) Farm Service Association.
(c) Farm Security Administration.
(d) Farm Service Administration.
5. The very act of ____________ something new casts it as something new and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
2. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
3. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
4. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)