|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A sense.
(b) A shape.
(c) A picture.
(d) A word.
2. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
3. Sontag defines photography as an aid to ______________ in the opening chapter.
(a) Criminal activity.
(c) The underworld.
4. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
5. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
4. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
5. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)