|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
2. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
3. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(b) South American.
4. Photographs cannot ___________ of something and are therefore obviously reproductive or mimetic.
(a) Ignore the rules.
(b) Not be.
(c) Understand the truth.
(d) Simply be.
5. "_______- proud hosts may well pull out photographs of the place to show visitors how really splendid it is."
Short Answer Questions
1. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
2. According to the beginning of this chapter, photographs discover ___________.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
5. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)