|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(c) Frozen in time.
2. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
3. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
4. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
5. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. The __________ are not the same between painting and photography, though the devotion may be.
4. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
5. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)