|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
2. Painting is usually done of ________ subjects, while photography uses different subjects in its frames.
3. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
4. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
5. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Understand it.
(b) Expose it.
(c) Believe in it.
(d) Change it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
2. According to Sontag, photographs are held to be definitive ___________, though Sontag does not support this idea with facts.
3. The question becomes whether photography is a ___________ process of documentation via machine, or not.
4. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
5. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)