|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
2. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
3. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
4. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
5. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
2. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
3. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
4. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
5. Photography freed ____________ from the reproductive arts, according to Sontag's writing in this book.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)