|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
2. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
3. Photography allows painting to focus on the purely __________ of the object being captured.
4. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
5. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
2. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
3. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
4. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
5. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)