|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Heroism of Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography allows all of the goals of surrealism to conflate into a _________ art, according to Sontag.
2. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their families.
(c) Their food.
(d) Their days.
3. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
(a) A word.
(b) A shape.
(c) A picture.
(d) A sense.
4. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Roy Emerson Stryker.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
5. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
(d) Film slides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
2. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
3. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
4. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)