|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
(d) Duly earned.
2. At times in the photography movement, the __________ is considered important while at other times it is not.
3. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
(a) Does art matter?
(b) How is photography real?
(c) Does the subject exist?
(d) Is photography art?
4. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
5. Early in their history, photographs entered __________ where they were displayed in shows as were paintings.
(a) Grocery stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
2. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
4. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
5. In general, modern photography claims that the ___________ is irrelevant within the picture's creation.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)