|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Change it.
(b) Expose it.
(c) Believe in it.
(d) Understand it.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
3. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
4. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
5. In general, modern photography claims that the ___________ is irrelevant within the picture's creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
2. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
3. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
4. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
5. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)