|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(d) Frozen in time.
2. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
3. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
(a) A ribbon.
4. And others believe that all proficient photographers must metaphysically ________ the object which they are photographing.
(b) Link to.
(c) Connect with.
5. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some champion total self ____________ for the photographer in order to capture subjects in the way that makes sense for an audience.
2. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
3. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
4. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
5. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)