|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
(d) Technological advances.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
3. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
(a) Photo albums.
4. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
(a) Expose it.
(b) Believe in it.
(c) Change it.
(d) Understand it.
5. What is NOT one of the ways that surrealism is described by Sontag in this particular chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus took some pictures of 'normal' people, but contrived the pictures to make them look _____________.
2. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
3. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
4. By __________, photography became an acceptable part of modern day life, according to the book.
5. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)