|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(c) Social abjection.
2. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Wild ride.
(b) Death trip.
(c) True ego.
(d) Power trip.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
5. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
2. Sontag says that some artists ___________ for the express purpose of having it photographed.
3. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
4. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
5. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)