|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(a) High income.
(d) Low income.
2. In 1839, photography was briefly attacked as something ___________ and disgraceful, according to the book.
3. "Despite the efforts of contemporary photographers to exorcise the _____________, something lingers."
(a) Specter of art.
4. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
5. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
2. The FSA program seems to indicate that when you photograph an object, you can _____________.
3. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
4. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
5. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)