|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(d) South American.
2. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
3. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
(a) Is photography art?
(b) Does the subject exist?
(c) How is photography real?
(d) Does art matter?
4. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
5. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(d) Social abjection.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the help of captions, photographs can be made to speak, but the caption is obviously ____________.
2. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
3. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
4. Photographers sought to illustrate ____________in discord, or a polity among banal and trivial subjects.
5. Who helped to lead the largest collective photographic project ever in the United States?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)