|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
2. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
3. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
4. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
5. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
Short Answer Questions
1. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
2. The real problem with bringing ________ photographs into mainstream is a procedure which contradicts the nature of most photographs.
3. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
4. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
5. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)