|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
2. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(b) Frozen in time.
3. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(a) High income.
(b) Low income.
4. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
(c) Chemical engineer.
5. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(d) Social abjection.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a new art, photography constantly undergoes constant __________ as it must always be innovative.
2. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
3. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
4. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
5. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)