|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(d) Social abjection.
2. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
3. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
4. By __________, photography became an acceptable part of modern day life, according to the book.
5. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
2. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
3. Within photography have also been loosely organized __________, though not as strong as painting has had.
4. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
5. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)