|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
(a) Duly earned.
2. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
3. Most theories of art, according to Sontag, have only proven to be __________ in retrospect as well as in their own time.
(b) Cutting edge.
4. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Wild ride.
(b) Power trip.
(c) True ego.
(d) Death trip.
5. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
2. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
3. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
4. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
5. Within photography have also been loosely organized __________, though not as strong as painting has had.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)