|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
2. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
(a) Farm Security Administration.
(b) Farm Service Administration.
(c) Farm Settler Administration.
(d) Farm Service Association.
3. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(c) Social abjection.
4. Some champion total self ____________ for the photographer in order to capture subjects in the way that makes sense for an audience.
5. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
2. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
3. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
4. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
5. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)