|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism is like a _____________ because it can't make anything new - it can only judge the past.
(a) Wild ride.
(b) True ego.
(c) Death trip.
(d) Power trip.
2. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
(a) Does art matter?
(b) Is photography art?
(c) How is photography real?
(d) Does the subject exist?
3. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
4. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
5. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
2. Early in their history, photographs entered __________ where they were displayed in shows as were paintings.
3. Most continue to claim that photography is entirely _________, according to the research of Sontag.
4. One of the things that Sontag reminds the reader is that Surrealism is not a __________ art form.
5. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)