|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
2. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of the Universal.
(b) Family of All.
(c) Family of One.
(d) Family of Man.
3. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
(a) How is photography real?
(b) Does art matter?
(c) Does the subject exist?
(d) Is photography art?
4. Others believe that photography is purely _________ and entirely devoid of interpretation in a subjective sense.
5. Like surrealism, photography is often about ________ poverty and wealth in its contents or its themes.
(b) Duly earned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
2. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
3. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
4. Photography is published in books with _______ of white space and precise layouts, making it seem artistic.
5. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)