|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(a) South American.
2. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
3. What did the acronym FSA stand for in relation to the most ambitious collection photographic project?
(a) Farm Security Administration.
(b) Farm Service Association.
(c) Farm Settler Administration.
(d) Farm Service Administration.
4. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
5. Some theorize that the practice of photography allows the disclosure of a ___________ truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
2. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
3. "Despite the efforts of contemporary photographers to exorcise the _____________, something lingers."
4. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
5. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)