|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
2. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
3. At times in the photography movement, the __________ is considered important while at other times it is not.
4. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
5. Modern photography seems to admit that __________ is the sum total of all art in photography.
Short Answer Questions
1. American photographers feel the country is simply too _______ to be understood - instead it must simply be catalogued.
2. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
3. What kind of takeover did photography's influence lead to, according to Sontag?
4. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
5. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)