|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism is bound by ________ and is dated in its contents, according to Sontag.
2. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(d) Dark corners.
3. The surrealist movement courts _________ and incongruous juxtaposition in its use.
4. Most continue to claim that photography is entirely _________, according to the research of Sontag.
5. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
2. Whitman wanted people to begin to look at the essential ____________ of a person in order to define a person or object.
3. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
4. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
5. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)