Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 2, Of the Liberty of Thought & Discussion)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. What is another major benefit of giving freedom and safety to voice individual opinions within society?
2. What took place centuries later, regarding Copernicus' knowledge?
3. What aspects did these two study?
4. Is the author considered a philosopher?
5. By exposing opinions, what chance are people given?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. Describe Mill's education.
2. What does the author discuss regarding controlling people?
This section contains 1,200 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)