|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Mormons face persecution in Mill's society?
(a) Very little.
(b) An insignificant amount.
(d) Most certainly.
2. When should drugs be used?
(b) Only when given in small doses.
(c) Only during a difficult surgery.
(d) To reduce suffering associated with broken limbs or surgical procedures.
3. To what does he refer regarding persecution?
(a) The persecution of his family.
(b) The suffering of the persecuted.
(c) His own and others' reactions to persecute others as he is to the problem of people struggling to survive persecution.
(d) What he has suffered because of persecution.
4. Would Mill's ancient predecessor have agreed with Mill?
5. What does Mill do regarding trade?
(a) He discusses it.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He suggests it.
(d) He complains about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this example take place?
2. According to Mill, is it immoral for a government to deny its own people development?
3. Who does the author assert endeavors to make everyone alike?
4. What is one example that he cites regarding persecution?
5. Is taking a dissenting position loudly before an already angry mob free speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does this analysis lead?
2. With what question does the author begin this chapter?
3. Who is Wilhelm Von Humboldt?
4. What does the author say about taking days off from work?
5. To what is the author opposed? How does he support his beliefs regarding this issue?
6. How does the author describe persecution? What causes persecution?
7. What is the purpose of this chapter?
8. What is one reason for the author discussing trade in this book?
9. What does Humboldt believe? Why might others disagree with him?
10. What are two of the most significant questions regarding one's conduct?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)