|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Mormons face persecution in Mill's society?
(a) Very little.
(b) Most certainly.
(c) An insignificant amount.
2. According to Humboldt, what does every individual need in order to learn himself fully?
(a) Truth and honesty.
(b) Intelligence and education.
(c) Their basic needs taken care of.
(d) Freedom and variety of situations.
3. What is the author now interested in figuring out, regarding the principles?
(a) How to apply the principles to his local community.
(b) How to apply the principles that he has discussed so far.
(c) How to reevaluate the principles.
(d) How to apply the principles to his life.
4. What does the author believe regarding medicines?
(a) Under certain circumstances they may be warranted.
(b) They should never be used.
(c) They are very dangerous.
(d) They are useless.
5. At the end of the text, he is openly referring to what?
(a) The Poor Law Board.
(b) The Poor House Law.
(c) The Rich Law Board.
(d) The Poverty Rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the other goods and services?
2. Regarding the previous question, does Mill believe that this is ideal?
3. What is one aspect of trade mentioned?
4. From what century is Wilhelm Von Humboldt?
5. Do Unitarians face persecution in Mill's society?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe persecution? What causes persecution?
2. What is one thing that the author want to do with the principles mentioned previously?
3. What does Humboldt believe? Why might others disagree with him?
4. How might the ideas and methods of Humboldt, Mill, and Taylor be useful?
5. What is one strength of which the readers of this book must be aware?
6. With what question does the author begin this chapter?
7. What else does the author want to do with his principles?
8. What does Mill have to say about one's place in society in the Victorian age?
9. What is one reason for the author discussing trade in this book?
10. What religious group does Mill mention suffering from persecution?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)