|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious sect does he address now?
(a) The Seventh Day Adventists.
(b) The Church of the Brethren.
(c) The Baptists.
(d) The Mormons.
2. Regarding the previous question, does Mill believe that this is ideal?
3. What does the author believe members of society need to have nurtured?
(a) Their physical capabilties.
(b) The education.
(c) Their mental capabilities and other attributes.
(d) Their interests.
4. What is one strength of this book?
(a) One can transfer the applicability of the principles and observations made to the present culture and time.
(b) One can read it very quickly.
(c) One can agree with all Mill has to say.
(d) One can understand Mill's perspective.
5. What does the author mean by state?
(a) Divisions of Great Britain.
(b) State of mind.
(c) States within the U.S.
(d) Nation or country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the author's intentions appear to be regarding the writing of this book?
2. According to the author, what is persecution?
3. What does the philosopher make clear regarding these two questions?
4. For whom is this section written?
5. To drive the people down into being more slavish and less independent of will and of thought is to do what?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)