|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mill, should women bear the full rights of citizenship?
(b) Not completely.
(c) Not until they are married.
2. Europeans have a unique sense of _____________ that has co-existed right along with a great deal of political differences and variances in the ways of life of the peoples.
3. What is another topic these two cover?
(a) Various theories.
(c) Narcotic drugs.
(d) Space travel.
4. For how long was this woman his close companion?
(a) A very short time.
(b) A somewhat short time.
(c) An average amount of time.
(d) A very long time.
5. In what was Mill's education very strong?
(a) The sciences.
(b) The humanities.
(d) The arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mill's ancient predecessor?
2. Towards what was there a Continental attitude?
3. In what country did Mill help women?
4. Was Mill an advocate for the women's rights movement?
5. What does Mill begin to set forth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does John Stuart Mill play in the women's movement?
2. What does Mill explain about Europeans and their sense of unity?
3. Describe Mill's education.
4. What is one goal of the education system in the Middle Ages?
5. What does the author mean by liberty?
6. What does John Stuart Mill say about his wife? Why?
7. What is the story of Copernicus?
8. With what does the book begin? Why?
9. Why must one be careful when discussing an issue or disagreeing over one's opinion?
10. What movements are taking place during Mill's time in Great Britain and Europe?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)