|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mary publish this?
(a) A good decade later.
(b) A good century later.
(c) A good decade earlier.
(d) A good century earlier.
2. Can an opinion be vulnerable to attack once exposed?
3. What does the author think of destructive attacks against an opinion?
(a) They are wise.
(b) They useful.
(c) They are unavoidable.
(d) They are unwise.
4. His knowledge could easily have been mistaken for what?
(a) Mere belief or opinion.
5. What is another topic these two cover?
(a) Various theories.
(b) Space travel.
(c) Narcotic drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does humanity know the truth about the Solar System?
2. Who is John Stuart's brother?
3. Where did John Stuart's father loom large in relevance during John Stuart's earliest years?
4. In what did Mill sincerely believe regarding women?
5. In what did Mill have a personal hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is thought of Copernicus' knowledge now?
2. How can one learn by expressing one's opinion?
3. What does Mill observe about Mormons?
4. Why does the author put the idea of liberty into historical context? Does he confine his criticism to Great Britain?
5. What was exposed by this aspect of the Middle Ages education system?
6. What is the story of Copernicus?
7. What is one reason for the author discussing trade in this book?
8. What does John Stuart Mill say about his wife? Why?
9. What are two of the most significant questions regarding one's conduct?
10. What is known about John Stuart Mill's father and brother?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)