Short Answer Key
Book 1, Prefaces Etc. : Chapter 1, Prefaces
1. Is the author considered a philosopher?
2. How is John Stuart Mill viewed?
As having been the most prominent English-speaking thinker in the 19th century.
3. How was J.S. Mill educated?
He was homeschooled.
4. In what was Mill's education very strong?
5. In what subjects was his education clearly weak?
Science and mathematics.
6. For what did Mill's education prepare him well?
The social and political work that he came into later in life.
7. Who has been exclusively and specifically an intellectual and emotional companion of J.S. Mill's?
8. For how long was this woman his close companion?
A very long time.
9. Why is their friendship less unusual today?
Since education has been turned into a coeducational experience.
10. What is the work done by these two friends?
Their work is...
This section contains 3,029 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)