|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Of the Limits to the Authority of the Society over the Individual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mary publish?
(a) A Vindication of the Rights of the Homosexual.
(b) A Vindication of the Rights of Woman.
(c) A Vindication of the Rights of the Black Man.
(d) A Vindication of the Rights of the Unborn.
2. Of what is there a tendency in 1800s England, regarding education?
(a) For people to not study any side of an argument, to avoid disagreements.
(b) For people to only teach themselves the opposing side of an argument.
(c) For people to teach themselves one side of an argument but not to educate themselves in the opposing views.
(d) For people to teach themselves both sides of an argument.
3. Why does humanity know the truth about the Solar System?
(a) The general population has been interested in studying the Solar system.
(b) Those who researched the matter intensively and extensively.
(c) Humanity does not know the truth about the Solar system.
(d) Copernicus' studies were thorough and complete.
4. What other countries does the author also believe have become more alike to one another?
(a) The Germans and the Russians.
(b) The British and French.
(c) The Mexicans and the Americans.
(d) The Americans and Canadians.
5. Amongst the British, ________ were one of the categories of members of society who were actively seeking increased rights, responsibilities and liberties within the nations of the Empire, particularly on the isles of Britain herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author give the reader regarding this issue?
2. In England, why did the number of prisoners increase?
3. What is the work done by these two friends?
4. Towards what was there a Continental attitude?
5. Why is this an additional responsibility?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)