|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Of the Limits to the Authority of the Society over the Individual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mary publish this?
(a) A good decade later.
(b) A good century later.
(c) A good decade earlier.
(d) A good century earlier.
2. In what did Mill have a personal hand?
(a) Stiving to get prohibition stopped.
(b) Striving to get women voting rights.
(c) Striving to get women to want to vote.
(d) Striving to get African American voting rights.
3. To what does he refer regarding persecution?
(a) His own and others' reactions to persecute others as he is to the problem of people struggling to survive persecution.
(b) The persecution of his family.
(c) What he has suffered because of persecution.
(d) The suffering of the persecuted.
4. Is one's opinion powerful?
(a) A little.
(c) Not at all.
5. Does the author confine his criticisms to his own nation?
(a) Only later.
(d) At first.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did Mill sincerely believe regarding women?
2. What is one topic these friends covered?
3. What is a danger of more democracy?
4. What does the author believe regarding medicines?
5. In what was Mill's education very strong?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)