|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Introductory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Mill an advocate for the women's rights movement?
(b) Early on in his career.
2. The Europeans want an increase in rights for whom?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The elderly.
(c) A smaller portion of the populace.
(d) A larger portion of the populace.
3. How has Britain's location as a pair of islands influenced the way that Britain relates to whom?
(a) The 'Non-Europeans.'
(b) The 'Continental Europeans.'
(c) The Americans.
(d) The 'Others.'
4. In what work of this ancient philosopher does he refer to factions within a political system?
5. Was Mill's attempt the first?
(d) Yes, in the 1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was part of the work of these two friends?
2. Who did Bentham rely upon for support in ideas?
3. What does the author say happens in most cultures regarding private behavior?
4. Have the British been connected to this European relationship?
5. In what did Mill have a personal hand?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)