|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Introductory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Mill's attempt the first?
(a) Yes, in the 1800s.
2. Towards what was there a Continental attitude?
(a) A desire to return to the days of a monarchy.
(b) A desire for a socialist government.
(c) Self-government as an idea that was new and unusual.
(d) Self-government as an idea that was international.
3. Who is Mill's ancient predecessor?
4. In Mill's case, does he typically mean violent factions?
(b) Only at first.
5. In what did Mill sincerely believe regarding women?
(a) The innate equality of women.
(b) Their innate subservient behavior.
(c) Their inequality.
(d) Their feminine intelligence and instincts.
Short Answer Questions
1. There was a great movement toward greater _____________ for the peoples of Europe.
2. What does the author say happens in most cultures regarding private behavior?
3. How was J.S. Mill educated?
4. With regard to personal behavior, what does Mill espouse?
5. Who did Bentham rely upon for support in ideas?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)