|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Introductory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The movements towards individuality that is released from intense restrictions are a sign, according to the philosopher, of what?
(a) A return to the past.
(b) Hope for the future.
(c) Troubles to come.
(d) More issues with which to deal.
2. What aspects did these two study?
(a) The world of crime and legislation related to it.
(b) The world of science and technology.
(c) The world of painting and sculpture.
(d) The world of mathematics and science.
3. What did Mary Wollstonecraft support?
(a) Women's rights.
(b) Pro life.
(c) Equality for African Americans.
(d) Gay rights.
4. Was Mill's attempt the first?
(a) Yes, in the 1800s.
5. What are the additional responsibilities that will be included for a democracy?
(a) How to cooperate among themselves.
(b) How to elect leaders.
(c) How to cooperate among a small group of leaders.
(d) How to cooperate with a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter Mill examines what?
2. What does Mill begin to set forth?
3. Who did Bentham rely upon for support in ideas?
4. Despite the reality that Mill's idea is far from new, it is what?
5. Is the author considered a philosopher?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)