|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Prefaces Etc. : Chapter 1, Prefaces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been exclusively and specifically an intellectual and emotional companion of J.S. Mill's?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
2. In what did Mill sincerely believe regarding women?
(a) Their inequality.
(b) Their feminine intelligence and instincts.
(c) Their innate subservient behavior.
(d) The innate equality of women.
3. Where did John Stuart's father loom large in relevance during John Stuart's earliest years?
4. What is the work done by these two friends?
(a) Their work is mathematical.
(b) Their work is artistic.
(c) Their work is scientific.
(d) Their work is intellectual.
5. For what did Mill's education prepare him well?
(a) His engineering field.
(b) The social and political work that he came into later in life.
(c) Being a teacher.
(d) Becoming a famous mathematician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is their friendship less unusual today?
2. In what did Mill have a personal hand?
3. In what was Mill's education very strong?
4. What is one topic these friends covered?
5. In what subjects was his education clearly weak?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)