|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Introductory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mill begin to set forth?
(a) A proposed idea for issuing various freedoms.
(b) A proposed idea for how to elect a leader.
(c) A proposed idea for running a democracy.
(d) A proposed idea for a behavioral dictum.
2. Was Mill's attempt the first?
(a) Yes, in the 1800s.
3. What was part of the work of these two friends?
(a) To face and address some difficult mathematical equations.
(b) To face and address the issue of nuclear war.
(c) To face and address the issue of art of their time becoming stale and boring.
(d) To face and address some of the least popular aspects of culture.
4. In what did Mill have a personal hand?
(a) Striving to get women to want to vote.
(b) Stiving to get prohibition stopped.
(c) Striving to get women voting rights.
(d) Striving to get African American voting rights.
5. What was J.S. Mill to the women's movement?
(a) A dream come true.
(b) A slight help.
(c) A terror.
(d) A nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was J.S. Mill educated?
2. Was Mill an advocate for the women's rights movement?
3. How has Britain's location as a pair of islands influenced the way that Britain relates to whom?
4. For what did Mill's education prepare him well?
5. With regard to personal behavior, what does Mill espouse?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)