|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Of Individuality as One of the Elements of Well-Being.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the author believe the clash of opposition is good?
(a) When any clash occurs.
(b) When the clash is not deadly.
(c) When the clash changes both.
(d) When the clash is not violent.
2. Have the British been connected to this European relationship?
(d) Much later.
3. What are the additional responsibilities that will be included for a democracy?
(a) How to cooperate among themselves.
(b) How to cooperate among a small group of leaders.
(c) How to cooperate with a leader.
(d) How to elect leaders.
4. How does the author see the lessening of separation and the variety of situations?
(a) As a gain.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a loss.
(d) As a weakness.
5. Despite the reality that Mill's idea is far from new, it is what?
(a) Always the case in reality.
(b) Relatively rarely the case in reality.
(c) Often the case in reality.
(d) Never the case in reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was limiting Copernicus' sharing of his knowledge?
2. How would many argue against Humboldt's beliefs?
3. Amongst the British, ________ were one of the categories of members of society who were actively seeking increased rights, responsibilities and liberties within the nations of the Empire, particularly on the isles of Britain herself.
4. By exposing opinions what can people do?
5. Is the author considered a philosopher?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)