|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Of Individuality as One of the Elements of Well-Being.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this an additional responsibility?
(a) They can only complain to themselves.
(b) They only have their leader to blame.
(c) The Crown has now been replaced by an elected leader.
(d) There is no longer the authority of the Crown to chaff against and therefore to blame for the trouble.
2. What does Mill address and also take a step further?
(a) The issue of tyranny.
(b) The issue of a dictatorship.
(c) The issue of fear.
(d) The issue of inequality.
3. Why is their friendship less unusual today?
(a) Since education has been turned into a coeducational experience.
(b) Since family members are often friends.
(c) Since many people do not marry for love but for money.
(d) Since husbands and wives are expected to be close companions.
4. Is one's opinion powerful?
(a) Not at all.
(c) A little.
5. The Europeans want an increase in rights for whom?
(a) A smaller portion of the populace.
(b) The elderly.
(c) A larger portion of the populace.
(d) The wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the reality that Mill's idea is far from new, it is what?
2. What is one goal of education during the Middle Ages?
3. In what was Mill's education very strong?
4. There was a great movement toward greater _____________ for the peoples of Europe.
5. From what century is Wilhelm Von Humboldt?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)