|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Grossman in Chapter 3, why is the struggle to train young men to kill a lopsided struggle?
(a) The army is poorly staffed and funded.
(b) Young men are naturally disposed to be aggressive.
(c) Armies have had thousands of years to develop.
(d) Killing is against human instinct.
2. Which of the following is not an item that aids in rationalization and acceptance as delineated at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Decisive victory ceremony.
(b) Clearly defines safe areas.
(d) Encouragement from the public.
3. Where did the VFW Hall story at the beginning of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) New York.
4. Which of the following is an essential quality that makes a role model desirable as listed in Chapter 4?
(a) Physical attractiveness.
(b) Widespread recognizability.
(c) Identical nationality.
(d) Similarity to learner.
5. During what component of military training is the most important conditioning happening according to Grossman in Chapter 1?
(a) Army standards training.
(b) Strength training.
(c) Stamina training.
(d) Marksmanship training.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Grossman in Chapter 4, who is manipulating the wills of American youth without their consent?
2. In Vietnam, about how many rounds did it take to kill one enemy soldier?
3. According to Grossman in Chapter 2, what is the purpose of after-mission briefings in modern wars?
4. Which of the following is not a psychological process for enabling killing as set out in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 5, what is another profession Grossman mentions that natural warriors often enter besides the military?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)