|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Caspar Weinberger?
(a) Former Vice President.
(b) Former Secretary of Defense.
(c) Former Joint Chief.
(d) Former Secretary of State.
2. Which of the following theorists presents evidence concerning proximity of authority and peer groups?
3. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Grossman describe natural warriors' attitudes toward less aggressive colleagues?
5. During what component of military training is the most important conditioning happening according to Grossman in Chapter 1?
(a) Marksmanship training.
(b) Strength training.
(c) Army standards training.
(d) Stamina training.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 4, Grossman says the highest estimate for the number of Vietnam vets with PTSD is what?
2. Birth of a Nation is widely credited with increasing what?
3. Where did the VFW Hall story at the beginning of Chapter 1 take place?
4. What percentage of the population qualifies as a natural warrior?
5. What form of crime does Grossman indicate is skyrocketing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Grossman illustrate the danger of refusing to take part in an atrocity?
2. What solution did the American military devise to deal with low firing rates in World War II?
3. How does Grossman apply the killing process to the national mood in Chapter 2?
4. What are the defining characteristics of a natural warrior?
5. Describe the strange dichotomy between nudity and killing in Western culture?
6. How did John Foster rationalize killing a VC in Chapter 1?
7. What examples from Chapter 6 illustrate a problematic relationship with women in the military?
8. In Chapter 2, what does Grossman say an atrocity does to a combat unit's group dynamic?
9. What hypothetical situation does Grossman relate in Chapter 3?
10. Why was combat in Vietnam particularly dirty, as described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)