|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the rationalization of Ray, the Panama vet quoted at the end of Chapter 1, manifest itself?
(a) In religious expression.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In political debate.
(d) In his observation of the victim.
2. Who is Caspar Weinberger?
(a) Former Secretary of Defense.
(b) Former Joint Chief.
(c) Former Vice President.
(d) Former Secretary of State.
3. In Vietnam, about how many rounds did it take to kill one enemy soldier?
4. As related in Chapter 5, Stellman and Stellman studied what?
(a) Just war theory.
(b) The killing process.
(c) Military suicides.
5. Which of the following is not a means of recuperation Grossman endorses for PTSD in Chapter 3?
(a) Bonding with vets.
(b) Safe disclosure.
(d) Support groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Vietnam, about how many sniper rounds did it take to kill one enemy soldier?
2. What stigma constitutes a gray atrocity?
3. Which of the following is not a point of the Weinberger Doctrine?
4. In what country did the case-study of Chapter 4 take place?
5. How were tours of duty different in Vietnam compared to other wars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors contribute to a soldier's decision to commit an atrocity?
2. How does Grossman apply the killing process to the national mood in Chapter 2?
3. According to Grossman, why do young people idolize entertainment figures more than police and politicians?
4. What separates a natural warrior from a psychopath?
5. In Chapter 6, what factors contribute to a soldier's decision to kill in the chart presented and discussed?
6. What hypothetical situation does Grossman relate in Chapter 3?
7. What surprising insight into Vietnam does RB Anderson make in Chapter 1?
8. What are the three categories of atrocity as delineated in Chapter 1?
9. In Chapter 5, how does Grossman illustrate the danger of refusing to take part in an atrocity?
10. What warning about video games does Grossman make at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)