|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear did Saddam Hussein seize upon to hold on to power, as discussed in Chapter 2?
(a) A US invasion.
(b) A Shiite backlash.
(c) A Kurdish secession.
(d) Iranian influx.
2. What was the first crew-served weapon?
(a) The phalanx.
(b) The submarine.
(c) The chariot.
(d) The artillery gun.
3. Early in Chapter 2, Grossman quotes a researcher who say that most soldier's relationship with their comrades are stronger than with whom?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their children.
(d) Their parents.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Grossman cite as a powerful examine of of link between violence and sex in popular culture?
(a) Miami Vice.
(b) Girls-with-guns videos.
(c) Dead teenager slasher films.
(d) Russ Meyer pictures.
5. What occurs as a result of exhaustion after the 60-day mark of continuous combat?
(a) Muscle atrophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the World War II study cited in Chapter 1, how much would soldier firing decrease when leadership was not nearby?
2. In Chapter 2, what tactic does Grossman describe as key to training soldiers to fire in combat?
3. In the mythology cited at the end of Chapter 7, who is born of the marriage of Aries and Aphrodite?
4. Which of the following is not a component of killing that is covered in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 1, Grossman reveals that the majority of active World War II soldiers did what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the silent conspiracy does Grossman discuss in Chapter 4?
2. What societal and moral tenets cause guilt in an individual who has killed in a war?
3. How did military predictions regarding civilian bombings and psychiatric casualties prove completely wrong in World War II?
4. How is the dissuasive potential of familiarity discussed in Chapter 4?
5. What is punishment justification?
6. As discussed in Chapter 3, what is the emotional advantage of hand grenades?
7. What is a crew-served weapon?
8. What options are open to soldiers in combat?
9. Describe the Vietnam story of Chapter 4.
10. What does Grossman reveal to be the most shocking element of crimes in the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)