|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Birth of a Nation is widely credited with increasing what?
(a) Movie sales.
(b) The popularity of the Klan.
(c) Military recruitment.
(d) The sale of fireworks.
2. Which of the following is not a point of the Weinberger Doctrine?
(a) Military deployment should be a last resort.
(b) Soldiers must be sent in sufficient numbers to accomplish goals.
(c) Military should only be sent when vital interests are at stake.
(d) Soldiers must be armed with newest developed weaponry.
3. In Chapter 5, what is another profession Grossman mentions that natural warriors often enter besides the military?
(b) Professional sports.
(d) Law enforcement.
4. In Chapter 3, Grossman says the western-style shooting games are similar to what?
(a) A paintball competition.
(b) A real wartime firefight.
(c) A police shooting training.
(d) A carnival game.
5. Which of the following theorists presents evidence concerning tactical attractiveness of a victim?
6. In Chapter 2, Grossman indicates that committing an atrocity can cause what within a group?
(b) Identification with the enemy.
(c) Closer bonding.
(d) Mass battle fatigue.
7. Which of the following is not an item that aids in rationalization and acceptance as delineated at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Clearly defines safe areas.
(b) Decisive victory ceremony.
(d) Encouragement from the public.
8. According to Grossman in Chapter 3, what does the army use in rifle training?
(a) A bowling pin.
(b) A picture of Osama bin Laden.
(c) A bulls-eye.
(d) A human sillhouette.
9. By 1971, what percentage of evacuations from Vietnam was related to psychiatric problems?
10. What does a drill instructor teach as the root of manhood?
11. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
12. What animal was used in Skinner's conditioning experiment?
13. What form of crime does Grossman indicate is skyrocketing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Breaking and entering.
(c) Reckless endangerment.
(d) Aggravated assualt.
14. In World War II, only 15-20 percent of riflemen made it past which stage of killing?
(a) Concern Stage.
(b) Acceptance Stage.
(c) Killing Stage.
(d) Remorse Stage.
15. According to Grossman in Chapter 5, what component separates a natural warrior from a psychopath?
Short Answer Questions
1. In RB Anderson's excerpt in Chapter 1, what aspect of Vietnam does he claim non-vets do not understand?
2. Which stage of the killing process did Eric - who shot a VC soldier while he was urinating - skip,as described in Chapter 2?
3. During what component of military training is the most important conditioning happening according to Grossman in Chapter 1?
4. In Grossman's Chapter 2 trajectory of increasingly violent media, where do children go after cartoons?
5. In the anecdote at the beginning of Chapter 3, what is the soldier surprised he did in his first firefight?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)