|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, Killing in America: What Are we Doing to Our Children? : Chapter 4, Social Learning and Role Models in the Media.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Caspar Weinberger?
(a) Former Vice President.
(b) Former Secretary of State.
(c) Former Secretary of Defense.
(d) Former Joint Chief.
2. In Chapter 7, an anonymous soldier compares what horrific incident to masturbation?
(a) The Katyn massacre.
(b) The My Lai massacre.
(c) The Cultural Revolution.
(d) The Battle of Shiloh.
3. What did military analysts in World War II predict about the result of civilian bombings?
(a) Psychiatric casualties would be nonexistent.
(b) Psychiatric casualties would be fewer than with soldiers.
(c) Psychiatric casualties would be worse than with soldiers.
(d) Psychiatric casualties would be equal to those with soldiers.
4. In Chapter 4, what World War II battle does Grossman cite as an example of hunger deciding combat?
(b) Iwo Jima.
5. According to Grossman in Chapter 2, what do POW executions do to an enemy?
(a) Give them reason to murder your POW's
(b) Destroy their civilian support.
(c) Make them more aggressive.
(d) Break their morale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stigma constitutes a gray atrocity?
2. In Chapter 2, what is significant about the Civil War muskets examined by Grossman?
3. What does Grossman credit with reducing the number of homicides in America in Chapter 1?
4. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
5. At the end of Chapter 4, what physical reaction to exhaustion and hunger does Grossman cite?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)