|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Killing in Vietnam: What Have We Done to Our Soldiers? : Chapter 4, The Limits of Human Endurance and the Lessons of Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grossman cite at length in Chapter 5 as a perfect amalgamation of the effects of hate on psychological state?
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) The Cambodian Killing Fields.
(c) The Andersonville Prison.
(d) The Hanoi HIlton.
2. Which of the following is not a symptom of PTSD?
(a) Difficulty maintaining relationships.
(b) Bouts of vertigo.
(c) Intrusive dreams.
(d) Social withdrawal.
3. Which stage of the killing process did Eric - who shot a VC soldier while he was urinating - skip,as described in Chapter 2?
4. In Vietnam, about how many sniper rounds did it take to kill one enemy soldier?
5. Which of the following is not a component of killing that is covered in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what component of military training is the most important conditioning happening according to Grossman in Chapter 1?
2. In what country did the case-study of Chapter 4 take place?
3. In Chapter 1, Grossman reveals that the majority of active World War II soldiers did what?
4. Early in Chapter 2, Grossman quotes a researcher who say that most soldier's relationship with their comrades are stronger than with whom?
5. What city did King Sennacherib destroy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)