|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Killing in Vietnam: What Have We Done to Our Soldiers? : Chapter 4, The Limits of Human Endurance and the Lessons of Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
2. How many tours in Vietnam did the vet quoted in Chapter 7 serve before realizing that the killing urge was consuming him?
3. As described in Chapter 5, natural warriors are able to kill without what?
(b) Acknowledging it.
4. How were tours of duty different in Vietnam compared to other wars?
(a) Tours were 24 months instead of 12.
(b) Tours were individual, not unit-based.
(c) Tours could be anywhere, not only the capital.
(d) Tours of duty were not voluntary.
5. Which of the following theorists presents evidence concerning tactical attractiveness of a victim?
Short Answer Questions
1. As related in Chapter 5, Stellman and Stellman studied what?
2. What cold consolation for Vietnam vets does Grossman acknowledge in Chapter 2?
3. According to Grossman in Chapter 2, what is the purpose of after-mission briefings in modern wars?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, what reason does Grossman give for the increase in firing and killing in recent wars?
5. In the Vet of the Year anecdote in Chapter 3, who did Dave use as an example of someone who did not kill but was still blamed?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)