|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Killing in Vietnam: What Have We Done to Our Soldiers? : Chapter 4, The Limits of Human Endurance and the Lessons of Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Grossman points out that hand-to-hand combat creates awareness of what?
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 8, what varies widely regarding those who recover from mental trauma after killing in combat?
(a) Desire for recovery.
(b) Level of recovery.
(c) Time needed for recovery.
(d) Outlet for recovery.
3. At the end of Chapter 6, Grossman says that what can provide a sudden injection of fortitude into a unit of men?
(d) New leadership.
4. As described in Chapter 5, natural warriors are able to kill without what?
(a) Acknowledging it.
5. According to Grossman at the end of Chapter 1, what is not widely known about CW Whittlesley, the commander of the Lost Battalion?
(a) He was a pacifist.
(b) He was relieved of duty shortly after the incident.
(c) He was not among the trapped battalion.
(d) He committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which two stages of the killing process is a murder-suicide fluctuating, as described in Chapter 2?
2. Which of the following is not a response to killing as described at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What term does Grossman use in Chapter 6 to indicate the method one uses to kill in hand-to-hand-combat?
4. In Chapter 5, to what group did the German defector interviewed switch?
5. Which of the following is not an option for a soldier in combat that Grossman lists in Chapter 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)