|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Killing Response Stages: What Does It Feel Like to Kill? : Chapter 2, Applications of the Model: Murder-Suicides, Lost Elections and Thoughts of Insanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conversion did most military personnel make to their bayonets in combat?
(a) They used the blunt end of them.
(b) They attached them upside down.
(c) They used them as hand weapons.
(d) They removed them completely.
2. In terms of effective leadership, what disadvantage do mercenaries and gang leaders have?
(a) They traditionally do not work their way through the ranks.
(b) Their men traditionally try to unseat them.
(c) They are asking their men to commit illegal acts.
(d) They do not have formal education or training.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, what physical reaction to exhaustion and hunger does Grossman cite?
(a) Body tremors.
(c) Involuntary urination.
(d) Organ failure.
4. In Chapter 7, an anonymous soldier compares what horrific incident to masturbation?
(a) The My Lai massacre.
(b) The Battle of Shiloh.
(c) The Cultural Revolution.
(d) The Katyn massacre.
5. What does Gossman say edged weapons produce effectively at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an option for a soldier in combat that Grossman lists in Chapter 1?
2. According to Chapter 4, warfare is the process of giving individuals the means for what?
3. In what war did Lord Moran fight?
4. In RB Anderson's excerpt in Chapter 1, what aspect of Vietnam does he claim non-vets do not understand?
5. According to Grossman in Chapter 5, what component separates a natural warrior from a psychopath?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)