|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Killing Response Stages: What Does It Feel Like to Kill? : Chapter 2, Applications of the Model: Murder-Suicides, Lost Elections and Thoughts of Insanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 7 begins with several vets joking about raping and murdering which public figure?
(a) Gloria Steinem.
(b) Susan Sarandon.
(c) Hillary Clinton.
(d) Jane Fonda.
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 3, what is the immediate reaction to killing from a soldier?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Grossman says he will only discover the distance guilt relationship as it concerns what?
(b) The twentieth century.
4. According to Chapter 4, warfare is the process of giving individuals the means for what?
(c) Strategic superiority.
5. Which of the following is not an animal that Grossman uses as an example of sexual dominating behavior at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, an anonymous soldier compares what horrific incident to masturbation?
2. In the story at the beginning of Chapter 3, what percentage of soldiers questioned said they were certain they had killed even one enemy in combat?
3. What percentage of casualties did cannon fire comprise in many Civil War battles?
4. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
5. What did military analysts in World War II predict about the result of civilian bombings?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)