|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Killing Response Stages: What Does It Feel Like to Kill? : Chapter 2, Applications of the Model: Murder-Suicides, Lost Elections and Thoughts of Insanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Grossman in Chapter 2, who is often given the cold shoulder in the military?
(d) Newly-commisioned officers.
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, why is it easy for the wealthy to oppress the poor without feeling guilt?
(a) The wealthy do not feel guilt.
(b) They think they are helping to motivate the poor to work.
(c) They do not see the effects of the oppression.
(d) Theydo not consider the poor people.
3. In Chapter 5, to what group did the German defector interviewed switch?
(a) The French resistance.
(b) The German communists.
(c) The American intelligence community.
(d) The Red Army.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Grossman say psychiatrists need to explore to treat traumatized servicemen?
(a) The history of military psychology.
(b) The clinical definition of PTSD.
(c) The effects of killing.
(d) The past history of each man.
5. In regards to war, what group of people does Grossman say in Chapter 1 is most distanced in their decision-making?
(c) Petty officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
2. What term arose in the early 1990's to describe the new fighting techniques seen in the Gulf War?
3. As related in Chapter 6, which catalyzing event occurred to Calley's platoon the day before the My Lai massacre?
4. According to Grossman in Chapter 6, why is a suicide bomber more effective than a traditional shooter?
5. In discussing the atavistic fervor of a mob early in Chapter 2, Grossman cites what recent genocide?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)