|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, An Anatomy of Killing: All Factors Considered: Chapter 3, Emotional Distance:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Grossman says what has made killing easier for soldiers?
(c) A violent media.
(d) A new enemy.
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 7, how long can guilt over killing last?
(a) A lifetime.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what does the Vietnam vet assume is on the back of the picture in Grossman's story?
(b) A date.
(c) An address.
(d) A goodbye message.
4. In discussing the atavistic fervor of a mob early in Chapter 2, Grossman cites what recent genocide?
(d) East Timor.
5. What was the first crew-served weapon?
(a) The artillery gun.
(b) The chariot.
(c) The submarine.
(d) The phalanx.
Short Answer Questions
1. During World War I, what was the favored weapon of American servicemen for killing enemy combatants?
2. At the end of Chapter 5, how does Grossman describe the power of the edged-weapon threat?
3. In the World War II study cited in Chapter 1, how much would soldier firing decrease when leadership was not nearby?
4. Which Civil War officer does Grossman quote at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Chapter 7 begins with several vets joking about raping and murdering which public figure?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)