|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Killing and Physical Distance: From a Distance You Don't Look Anything Like a Friend: Chapter 7, Killing at Sexual Range: | Section 4, An Anatomy of Killing: All Factors Considered: Chapter 1, The Demands of Authority: Milgram and the Military.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Grossman says he will only discover the distance guilt relationship as it concerns what?
(c) The twentieth century.
2. What city did King Sennacherib destroy?
3. Which Roman leader and writer does Grossman quote in Chapter 4?
(d) Marcus Aurelius.
4. In Chapter 2, what is significant about the Civil War muskets examined by Grossman?
(a) They are loaded multiple times.
(b) They are loaded without pellets.
(c) They are unloaded.
(d) They are loaded without powder.
5. According to Grossman in Chapter 3, why do most soldiers refuse to discuss their aversion to killing?
(a) To avoid court martial.
(b) To save face with others.
(c) To scare would-be challengers.
(d) To impress civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did military analysts in World War II predict about the result of civilian bombings?
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 2, who is often given the cold shoulder in the military?
3. What reason is given in Bhagavad Gita to justify killing?
4. In Chapter 8, what term does Grossman use to refer to those who have killed in war?
5. According to Grossman at the beginning of Chapter 5, what produces actual terror in really dangerous situations?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)