|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Killing and Physical Distance: From a Distance You Don't Look Anything Like a Friend: Chapter 1, Distance: A Qualitative Distinction in Death | Section 3, Killing and Physical Distance: From a Distance You Don't Look Anything Like a Friend: Chapter 2, Killing at Maximum and Long Range: Never a Need for Repentance or Regret.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did King Sennacherib destroy?
2. Which Civil War officer does Grossman quote at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Grossman says he will only discover the distance guilt relationship as it concerns what?
(a) The twentieth century.
4. What does the small percentage of individuals that can sustain more than a few months duty without sustaining long-term mental damage have in common?
(a) They often commit suicide after regular combat ends.
(b) They are often highly-educated.
(c) They are often insomniacs.
(d) They are often psychopaths or sociopaths.
5. According to Grossman in Chapter 7, how long can guilt over killing last?
(a) A lifetime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Roman leader and writer does Grossman quote in Chapter 4?
2. How many days can a soldier remain in combat before psychological trauma begins to manifest itself?
3. Which of the following is not an option for a soldier in combat that Grossman lists in Chapter 1?
4. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, why is it easy for the wealthy to oppress the poor without feeling guilt?
5. What did military analysts in World War II predict about the result of civilian bombings?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)