|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Killing in Vietnam: What Have We Done to Our Soldiers? : Chapter 5, What are We Doing to Our Children?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Vietnam, about how many rounds did it take to kill one enemy soldier?
2. What great advance in military technology did Gustavus Adolphus create?
(a) The chain gun.
(b) The black powder rifle.
(c) The portable cannon.
(d) The automatic rifle.
3. In discussing the atavistic fervor of a mob early in Chapter 2, Grossman cites what recent genocide?
(c) East Timor.
4. In his anecdote of Chapter 2, what event elicited surprisingly violent action from Richard Heckler?
(a) His wife leaving him.
(b) A long line at a supermarket.
(c) A mugging.
(d) His mother's death.
5. In the Vet of the Year anecdote in Chapter 3, who did Dave use as an example of someone who did not kill but was still blamed?
(a) An ammo truck driver.
(b) A helicopter repairman.
(c) A medic.
(d) A military reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, what physical reaction to exhaustion and hunger does Grossman cite?
2. In Chapter 2, Grossman says the discussion of the killing process is most effective with which people?
3. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, what was the solution the American military's solution after World War II to many soldiers more willing to shoot?
4. In Chapter 1, what weapon does Grossman use as an example of a homemade killing implement?
5. Which of the following is not a means of recuperation Grossman endorses for PTSD in Chapter 3?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)