|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Killing in Vietnam: What Have We Done to Our Soldiers? : Chapter 5, What are We Doing to Our Children?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is another profession Grossman mentions that natural warriors often enter besides the military?
(a) Law enforcement.
(d) Professional sports.
2. What reason is given in Bhagavad Gita to justify killing?
(a) Soldiers must kill or be killed.
(b) Killing is deliverance into heaven.
(c) Every man chooses his own death.
(d) All men are of the same Spirit.
3. What term arose in the early 1990's to describe the new fighting techniques seen in the Gulf War?
(a) Telegraph war.
(b) Calling-card war.
(c) Mail-order war.
(d) Nintendo war.
4. What great advance in military technology did Gustavus Adolphus create?
(a) The chain gun.
(b) The portable cannon.
(c) The black powder rifle.
(d) The automatic rifle.
5. Which of the following is not a stage of Stockholm Syndrome?
(a) Victim identifies with the hostage-take.
(b) Hostage-taker feels antipathy to the victim.
(c) Hostage-taker identyifies with the victim.
(d) Victim feels antipathy to the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Grossman in Chapter 5, what component separates a natural warrior from a psychopath?
2. In discussing the atavistic fervor of a mob early in Chapter 2, Grossman cites what recent genocide?
3. What is different about the way the way the hypothetical World War II and Vietnam vets returned home in Chapter 3?
4. In regards to war, what group of people does Grossman say in Chapter 1 is most distanced in their decision-making?
5. According to Grossman in Chapter 2, who is often given the cold shoulder in the military?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)