|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, Killing in Vietnam: What Have We Done to Our Soldiers? : Chapter 5, What are We Doing to Our Children?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a contributing factor in determining whether a group easily unites in combat killing?
(a) The proximity of members in the group.
(b) The size of the group.
(c) The mean age of the group.
(d) The psychological bond among members of the group.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Grossman cite as a powerful examine of of link between violence and sex in popular culture?
(a) Dead teenager slasher films.
(b) Russ Meyer pictures.
(c) Miami Vice.
(d) Girls-with-guns videos.
3. What term does Grossman use in Chapter 6 to indicate the method one uses to kill in hand-to-hand-combat?
(a) Always on top.
(b) Hard to soft.
(c) Breath and blood.
(d) Deflect and deliver.
4. What fear did Saddam Hussein seize upon to hold on to power, as discussed in Chapter 2?
(a) Iranian influx.
(b) A US invasion.
(c) A Kurdish secession.
(d) A Shiite backlash.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Grossman says he will only discover the distance guilt relationship as it concerns what?
(c) The twentieth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Grossman at the beginning of Chapter 5, what produces actual terror in really dangerous situations?
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, what was the solution the American military's solution after World War II to many soldiers more willing to shoot?
3. In his anecdote of Chapter 2, what event elicited surprisingly violent action from Richard Heckler?
4. What stigma constitutes a gray atrocity?
5. How does the military normally deal with the problem of exhaustion in combat?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)