|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3,Killing and Physical Distance: From a Distance You Don't Look Anything Like a Friend: Chapter 5, Killing at Edged-Weapons Range | Section 3, Killing and Physical Distance: From a Distance You Don't Look Anything Like a Friend: Chapter 6, Killing at Hand-to-Hand Combat Range.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what term does Grossman describe the reticence of the military to discuss non-firing in Chapter 3?
(a) An official fiction.
(b) Everybody's sin.
(c) A secret under the rug.
(d) A conspiracy of silence.
2. How does the military normally deal with the problem of exhaustion in combat?
(a) Extra rations.
(b) Vitamin supplements.
(c) Boot camp prep.
(d) Field manuals.
3. What city did King Sennacherib destroy?
4. According to Grossman in Chapter 3, why do most soldiers refuse to discuss their aversion to killing?
(a) To save face with others.
(b) To avoid court martial.
(c) To scare would-be challengers.
(d) To impress civilians.
5. Which Civil War officer does Grossman quote at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Grossman use in Chapter 6 to indicate the method one uses to kill in hand-to-hand-combat?
2. What occurs as a result of exhaustion after the 60-day mark of continuous combat?
3. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, why is it easy for the wealthy to oppress the poor without feeling guilt?
4. In what war did Lord Moran fight?
5. According to the DSM, when is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder most severe?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)