|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Killing and Atrocities: No Honor Here, No Virtue : Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
2. Which of the following is not a stage of Stockholm Syndrome?
(a) Hostage-taker identyifies with the victim.
(b) Victim feels antipathy to the authorities.
(c) Victim identifies with the hostage-take.
(d) Hostage-taker feels antipathy to the victim.
3. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, why is it easy for the wealthy to oppress the poor without feeling guilt?
(a) They think they are helping to motivate the poor to work.
(b) The wealthy do not feel guilt.
(c) They do not see the effects of the oppression.
(d) Theydo not consider the poor people.
4. In Chapter 2, what civilian activity does Grossman use to illustrate the distance-guilt relationship?
(a) Urban crime.
(c) Corporate layoffs.
(d) Eating meat.
5. In the mythology cited at the end of Chapter 7, who is born of the marriage of Aries and Aphrodite?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Grossman says he will only discover the distance guilt relationship as it concerns what?
2. Which of the following is not an animal that Grossman uses as an example of sexual dominating behavior at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What is the unifying element that links all of the coping tactics in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 7, an anonymous soldier compares what horrific incident to masturbation?
5. Which Civil War officer does Grossman quote at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)