|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Killing and Atrocities: No Honor Here, No Virtue : Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Grossman in Chapter 3, why would racially and ethnically dominant rhetoric by American leaders have been unhelpful in the Iraq War?
(a) Our enemies and allies were the same race.
(b) We have not official language or religion.
(c) We have a history of domestic racial oppression.
(d) Our military is multi-racial.
2. In Chapter 2, Grossman indicates that committing an atrocity can cause what within a group?
(a) Identification with the enemy.
(b) Mass battle fatigue.
(d) Closer bonding.
3. Which of the following is not a category of atrocity listed in Chapter 1?
4. What term arose in the early 1990's to describe the new fighting techniques seen in the Gulf War?
(a) Calling-card war.
(b) Mail-order war.
(c) Nintendo war.
(d) Telegraph war.
5. What occurs as a result of exhaustion after the 60-day mark of continuous combat?
(b) Muscle atrophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Civil War officer does Grossman quote at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, why is it easy for the wealthy to oppress the poor without feeling guilt?
3. In Chapter 7, an anonymous soldier compares what horrific incident to masturbation?
4. What city did King Sennacherib destroy?
5. At the end of Chapter 4, what physical reaction to exhaustion and hunger does Grossman cite?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)