|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Killing and Atrocities: No Honor Here, No Virtue : Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, what physical reaction to exhaustion and hunger does Grossman cite?
(a) Organ failure.
(b) Involuntary urination.
(c) Body tremors.
2. In Chapter 4, what World War II battle does Grossman cite as an example of hunger deciding combat?
(d) Iwo Jima.
3. In Chapter 2, Grossman indicates that committing an atrocity can cause what within a group?
(a) Closer bonding.
(b) Mass battle fatigue.
(c) Identification with the enemy.
4. In Chapter 2, what advice do German World War I vets give World War II recruits?
(a) Do not distinguish between civilian and enemy.
(b) Kill any Russian you encounter.
(c) Go AWOL near the Swiss border.
(d) Surrender to the Americans.
5. What occurs as a result of exhaustion after the 60-day mark of continuous combat?
(b) Muscle atrophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term arose in the early 1990's to describe the new fighting techniques seen in the Gulf War?
2. According to Grossman in Chapter 3, why would racially and ethnically dominant rhetoric by American leaders have been unhelpful in the Iraq War?
3. In what country did the case-study of Chapter 4 take place?
4. According to Grossman in Chapter 2, who is often given the cold shoulder in the military?
5. According to Grossman in Chapter 1, why is it easy for the wealthy to oppress the poor without feeling guilt?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)