|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Ruby lead Bond into?
2. What kind of pudding do Bond and M eat?
3. What company does Campbell want Bond to confirm he works at?
4. What does Ruby believe her surname is?
5. What will Bond and Draco's men pretend to be?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bond decide to marry Tracy? In what way does Fleming suggest Bond is going against his natural instincts by marrying her? How do you think Tracy's death will affect him?
Essay Topic 2
In 1969 On Her Majesty's Secret Service was made into a film starring George Lazenby. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)