|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Bond and Draco's men pretend to be?
2. What does Bond ask Tracy in this chapter?
3. What kind of pudding do Bond and M eat?
4. What city do Tracy and Bond drive to?
5. What is Bond's pursuer killed by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
2. What does Bond find out about one of the girls at the bar in Chapter 13?
3. How does Bond get ready to escape?
4. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
5. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
6. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
7. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
8. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
9. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
10. How do Bond's pursuers try to kill him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)