|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does BW stand for?
2. What subject does Bond work all day on?
3. What city is the Secret Service operative from?
4. Who supports Bond through a dance?
5. What does Draco's men paint the helicopter with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
2. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
3. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
4. How does Bond escape from the building?
5. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
6. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
7. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
8. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
9. How does Bond kill his pursuer?
10. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
In 1969 On Her Majesty's Secret Service was made into a film starring George Lazenby. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)