|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French city does Bond fly to?
2. What did M think the Russians were using hypnosis for?
3. What does Bond ask Irma for to protect his eyes?
4. What kind of pudding do Bond and M eat?
5. What does Bond ask Tracy in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
2. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
3. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
4. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
5. How does Bond escape from the building?
6. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
7. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
8. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
9. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
10. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)