|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the guard say they are coming for in ten minutes?
2. What kind of drink is Pis-de Chat?
3. What kind of treatment is the clinic using?
4. Which of the following is not part of the bob sled track?
5. What language does Bond speak to the guard in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
2. How does Bond escape from the building?
3. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
4. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
5. How does Bond kill his pursuer?
6. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
7. How does Bond get ready to escape?
8. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
9. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
10. How do Bond's pursuers try to kill him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Europe's relationship with Switzerland.
1) What problems do you think Switzerland's liberal attitude towards their rich foreign residents have caused Europe in the past?
2) How accurate do you think Fleming's representation of Switzerland and their dealing with foreigners is?
3) How much has Switzerland changed since the 1960's.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)