|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color lights did the laboratory have?
2. What animal does the tape praise?
3. What French city does Bond fly to?
4. What does Bond use as a punching weapon?
5. What does Bond ask Tracy in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bond decide to marry Tracy? In what way does Fleming suggest Bond is going against his natural instincts by marrying her? How do you think Tracy's death will affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1960s Britain.
1) Why was morality such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? In what way Britain was going through a transitional phase in the Sixties?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960s Britain?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)