|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of treatment is the clinic using?
2. What does Bond ask Tracy in this chapter?
3. What city does Tracy leave for?
4. What does M enjoy painting?
5. What does BW stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond escape from the building?
2. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
3. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
4. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
5. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
6. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
7. How do Bond's pursuers try to kill him?
8. What does Bond find out about one of the girls at the bar in Chapter 13?
9. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
10. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there any character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)