Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Ruby lead Bond into?
2. What kind of pudding do Bond and M eat?
3. What company does Campbell want Bond to confirm he works at?
4. What does Ruby believe her surname is?
5. What will Bond and Draco's men pretend to be?
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there any character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Fleming represent a gray area between good and bad? What does this say about Bond's character? What kind of criminal do you think Bond would be?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Europe's relationship with Switzerland.
1) What problems do you think Switzerland's liberal attitude towards their rich foreign residents have caused Europe in the past?
2) How accurate do you think Fleming's representation of Switzerland and their dealing with foreigners is?
3) How much has Switzerland changed since the 1960's.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)