|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drink is Pis-de Chat?
2. What language does Bond speak to the guard in?
3. What did M think the Russians were using hypnosis for?
4. What is Franklin an expert in?
5. Who supports Bond through a dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond find out about one of the girls at the bar in Chapter 13?
2. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
3. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
4. How does Bond get ready to escape?
5. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
6. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
7. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
8. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
9. How do Bond's pursuers try to kill him?
10. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) Piz Gloria
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)