|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports Bond through a dance?
2. What does Bond pretend to be when he meets the fireman?
3. What method of transport does Draco arrange to take Bond and his men to Piz Gloria?
4. What French city does Bond fly to?
5. What does Tracy disguise Bond in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
2. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
3. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
4. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
5. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
6. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
7. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
8. How does Bond get ready to escape?
9. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
10. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Fleming writes On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
In 1969 On Her Majesty's Secret Service was made into a film starring George Lazenby. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)