|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French city does Bond fly to?
2. What does Bond ask Tracy in this chapter?
3. Who does Bond want to be stopped at the airport?
4. What color lights did the laboratory have?
5. What does Bond pull out of the plum pudding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
2. What does Bond find out about one of the girls at the bar in Chapter 13?
3. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
4. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
5. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
6. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
7. How does Bond escape from the building?
8. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
9. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
10. How does Bond get ready to escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Bond decide to marry Tracy? In what way does Fleming suggest Bond is going against his natural instincts by marrying her? How do you think Tracy's death will affect him?
Essay Topic 3
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)