|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French city does Bond fly to?
2. What awkward question does Ruby ask Bond?
3. Who does the guard say they are coming for in ten minutes?
4. Who does Bond write a letter to in this chapter?
5. What room does Ruby lead Bond into?
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) Piz Gloria
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)