|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Tracy leave for?
2. What does Bond pretend to be when he meets the fireman?
3. What does Bond use as a punching weapon?
4. What city do Tracy and Bond drive to?
5. What does BW stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
2. How does Bond kill his pursuer?
3. How does Bond get ready to escape?
4. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
5. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
6. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
7. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
8. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
9. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
10. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)