|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bond give Ruby for leaving so soon?
2. What does Tracy disguise Bond in?
3. What city is the Secret Service operative from?
4. What does M enjoy painting?
5. What is the name of the nearest town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
2. How does Bond kill his pursuer?
3. How does Bond get ready to escape?
4. Describe the chase between Blofeld and Bond.
5. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
6. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
7. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
8. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
9. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
10. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)