|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond use as invisible ink?
2. What does Blofeld leave on the track for Bond?
3. What color lights did the laboratory have?
4. Whose room does Bond sneak into?
5. What does Bond kill the guard with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
2. How do Bond's pursuers try to kill him?
3. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
4. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
5. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
6. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
7. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
8. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
9. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
10. How does Bond escape from the building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) Piz Gloria
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)