|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Bond speak to the guard in?
2. What does BW stand for?
3. What is the road sign in front of?
4. Who does Draco promise to help Bond capture?
5. Why does Ruby lead Bond into the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bond's pursuers try to kill him?
2. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
3. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
4. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
5. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
6. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
7. What does Bond find out about one of the girls at the bar in Chapter 13?
8. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
9. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
10. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bond decide to marry Tracy? In what way does Fleming suggest Bond is going against his natural instincts by marrying her? How do you think Tracy's death will affect him?
Essay Topic 2
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
Essay Topic 3
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)