|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond use as a punching weapon?
2. What do Draco's men tell Blofeld's men they are investigating?
3. What does Bond dictate to Goodnight?
4. What reason does Bond give Ruby for leaving so soon?
5. What room does Ruby lead Bond into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
2. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
3. How does Bond get ready to escape?
4. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
5. How does Bond kill his pursuer?
6. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
7. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
8. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
9. How does Bond escape from the building?
10. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Fleming writes On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)