|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond have to meet M?
2. What does Bond steal after lunch?
3. What animal was Ruby allergic to?
4. What city is the Secret Service operative from?
5. What does Ruby believe her surname is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bond's pursuers try to kill him?
2. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
3. Describe the chase between Blofeld and Bond.
4. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
5. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
6. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
7. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
8. How does Bond escape from the building?
9. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
10. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960s Britain.
1) Why was morality such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? In what way Britain was going through a transitional phase in the Sixties?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960s Britain?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Fleming represent a gray area between good and bad? What does this say about Bond's character? What kind of criminal do you think Bond would be?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's job.
1)What sacrifices do you think Bond has to make to work in such a job?
2) What kind of character does Bond have to be to do the job?
3) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Bond's job is?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)