|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captured agent?
2. What does Bond think is the perfect cover for the gunfire?
3. What did M think the Russians were using hypnosis for?
4. What does Blofeld leave on?
5. What room does Ruby lead Bond into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
2. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
3. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
4. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
5. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
6. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
7. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
8. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
9. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
10. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Bond decide to marry Tracy? In what way does Fleming suggest Bond is going against his natural instincts by marrying her? How do you think Tracy's death will affect him?
Essay Topic 3
In 1969 On Her Majesty's Secret Service was made into a film starring George Lazenby. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)