|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the girls been ordered not to do?
2. What does Bond ask Irma for to protect his eyes?
3. What city do Tracy and Bond drive to?
4. What does BW stand for?
5. Who does Bond want to be stopped at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
2. How does Bond get ready to escape?
3. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
4. How does Bond try to hide himself in Samaden?
5. Describe the meeting between Blofeld and Bond in Chapter 19.
6. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
7. What does Bond find out about one of the girls at the bar in Chapter 13?
8. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
9. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
10. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)