|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the weather changed to in this chapter?
2. What do Draco's men tell Blofeld's men they are investigating?
3. Why does Ruby lead Bond into the bathroom?
4. What does BW stand for?
5. What animal was Ruby allergic to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's job.
1)What sacrifices do you think Bond has to make to work in such a job?
2) What kind of character does Bond have to be to do the job?
3) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Bond's job is?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)