|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basilisk say people are awestruck with?
2. What does Bond take to unlock doors?
3. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
4. Where did Bond see a camera in his room?
5. What does Bond think an elite skiing club will bring in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
2. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
3. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
4. What does Bond hear during the night in Ruby's room?
5. Why does Bond follow Tracy?
6. Describe the race between Bond and the woman.
7. What awakens Bond in the morning?
8. What does Bond think about as he sits on the beach?
9. How does Bond deal with the man who asks if he is Sir Hilary Bray?
10. What does Bond find out about Ruby in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bond decide to marry Tracy? In what way does Fleming suggest Bond is going against his natural instincts by marrying her? How do you think Tracy's death will affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
This section contains 1,559 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)