|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bond say he is related to Sir Hilary?
2. Which feature of Blofeld's makes it likely that he is a count?
3. What does bond throw his knife at?
4. What game does Bond play at the casino?
5. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
2. Why is Bond watching the woman?
3. What strange things does Bond notice at dinner?
4. How does Bond lock himself in the office trailer?
5. How does Bond successfully play baccarat?
6. How does Bond react when Draco asks him to marry his daughter?
7. Describe the first meeting between Bond and Tracy.
8. What does Bond do between breakfast and lunch in Chapter 12?
9. Who is Ernst Stravo Blofeld?
10. How does Bond deal with the man who asks if he is Sir Hilary Bray?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960s Britain.
1) Why was morality such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? In what way Britain was going through a transitional phase in the Sixties?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960s Britain?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)