Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
2. Who meets Bond at the airport?
3. What kind of bet is a banco?
4. What do the two men usher Bond and Tracy onto?
5. What color contact lenses does Blofeld use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
3. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
4. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
5. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
6. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
7. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
8. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
9. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
10. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
In 1969 On Her Majesty's Secret Service was made into a film starring George Lazenby. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)