Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bond and Tracy arrange to meet?
2. What is the woman's name?
3. Who does the man in the restaurant ask for?
4. What is Blofeld pleased at the prospect of being officially named as?
5. Who is Bond watching?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the race between Bond and the woman.
2. How does Tracy die?
3. What does Bond find out about one of the girls at the bar in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
5. What favor does Bond ask from Draco?
6. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
7. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
8. Why does Bond follow Tracy?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. How does Bond lock himself in the office trailer?
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there any character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) Piz Gloria
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)