Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
2. Who meets Bond at the airport?
3. What kind of bet is a banco?
4. What do the two men usher Bond and Tracy onto?
5. What color contact lenses does Blofeld use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
3. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
4. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
5. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
6. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
7. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
8. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
9. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
10. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) Fleming represents Bond as someone who has been conditioned by the British Secret Services and could have just as easily been a criminal.
2) Bond marries Tracy against his natural instincts and any revenge he may seek afterward he will do more out of duty than love.
3) The book's strong female characters show that woman's role in society was becoming increasingly prominent.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)