|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
2. Who meets Bond at the airport?
3. What kind of bet is a banco?
4. What do the two men usher Bond and Tracy onto?
5. What color contact lenses does Blofeld use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
3. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
4. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
5. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
6. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
7. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
8. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
9. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
10. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 1,603 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)