|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond rent in this chapter?
2. Where do Bond and Tracy arrange to meet?
3. Who does Bond hope does not hear the conversation he has with the man?
4. What does Bond have to learn about in this chapter?
5. What is wrong with Blofeld's ears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Bond and Tracy.
2. Why is Bond finding it difficult to track down Blofeld?
3. What does Bond do between breakfast and lunch in Chapter 12?
4. What is Bond's plan for his vacation?
5. Why has Bond become become bored with his job?
6. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
7. How is Blofeld different from the last time Bond saw a picture of him?
8. What strange things does Bond notice at dinner?
9. How does Bond deal with the man who asks if he is Sir Hilary Bray?
10. How does Bond lose his winnings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Fleming represent a gray area between good and bad? What does this say about Bond's character? What kind of criminal do you think Bond would be?
Essay Topic 2
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) Fleming represents Bond as someone who has been conditioned by the British Secret Services and could have just as easily been a criminal.
2) Bond marries Tracy against his natural instincts and any revenge he may seek afterward he will do more out of duty than love.
3) The book's strong female characters show that woman's role in society was becoming increasingly prominent.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)