|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the master criminal Bond is trying to track down?
2. For what reason was the man killed?
3. Whose name does Bond use for his new identity?
4. What color is the countess' hair?
5. What is the technical name for Bond's pager?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the man die?
2. How is Blofeld different from the last time Bond saw a picture of him?
3. What is the College of Arms?
4. What does Bond do as the boat approaches?
5. What strange things does Bond notice at dinner?
6. How does Bond react when Draco asks him to marry his daughter?
7. How does Bond deal with the man who asks if he is Sir Hilary Bray?
8. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
9. Why is Bond watching the woman?
10. What is Piz Gloria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) Fleming represents Bond as someone who has been conditioned by the British Secret Services and could have just as easily been a criminal.
2) Bond marries Tracy against his natural instincts and any revenge he may seek afterward he will do more out of duty than love.
3) The book's strong female characters show that woman's role in society was becoming increasingly prominent.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)