|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tracy related to Draco?
2. What does Draco beg Bond to do?
3. What is the Union Corse better known as?
4. What language other than English does Bond tell Irma he can speak?
5. What does Tracy want to repay Bond's 40 million francs with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond say in his message to headquarters?
2. How does Bond lose his winnings?
3. Why is Bond watching the woman?
4. Why does Bond follow Tracy?
5. Describe the first meeting with Bond and Draco.
6. How do the two men capture Bond and Tracy?
7. How does Bond successfully play baccarat?
8. What does Bond think about as he sits on the beach?
9. What is the College of Arms?
10. In what way are Bond's first few meeting with Tracy in her room strange?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) Fleming represents Bond as someone who has been conditioned by the British Secret Services and could have just as easily been a criminal.
2) Bond marries Tracy against his natural instincts and any revenge he may seek afterward he will do more out of duty than love.
3) The book's strong female characters show that woman's role in society was becoming increasingly prominent.
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)