|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alcohol does Bond drink to help him sleep?
2. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
3. Where does Bond take a knife from?
4. What does Bond try to do when he has made a small fortune gambling?
5. What do the two men usher Bond and Tracy onto?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are Bond's first few meeting with Tracy in her room strange?
2. What does Bond do between breakfast and lunch in Chapter 12?
3. How has Tracy come off the rails in recent times?
4. What is Piz Gloria?
5. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
6. What awakens Bond during the night?
7. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
8. What awakens Bond in the morning?
9. Why is Bond finding it difficult to track down Blofeld?
10. Why has Bond become become bored with his job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Europe's relationship with Switzerland.
1) What problems do you think Switzerland's liberal attitude towards their rich foreign residents have caused Europe in the past?
2) How accurate do you think Fleming's representation of Switzerland and their dealing with foreigners is?
3) How much has Switzerland changed since the 1960's.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Fleming adapted it for the Bond books:
1) The British Secret Secret.
3) Piz Gloria
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)