|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tracy doing when Bond leaves her in the morning?
2. Why does the countess think she will always beat Bond in a race?
3. What kind of help does Bond suggest Draco gets for Tracy?
4. What does Bond tell Irma he used the piece of plastic for?
5. What awakens Bond the following morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
2. What strange things does Bond notice at dinner?
3. What awakens Bond during the night?
4. How is Blofeld different from the last time Bond saw a picture of him?
5. How has Tracy come off the rails in recent times?
6. What is Bond's plan for his vacation?
7. Why has Bond become become bored with his job?
8. How does Tracy suggest that she is suicidal?
9. Why is Bond watching the woman?
10. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there any character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does On Her Majesty's Secret Service add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's job.
1)What sacrifices do you think Bond has to make to work in such a job?
2) What kind of character does Bond have to be to do the job?
3) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Bond's job is?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)