|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the countess go to while Bond continues to gamble?
2. Who does Bond hope does not hear the conversation he has with the man?
3. What does bond throw his knife at?
4. What noise awakens Bond in the night?
5. Where does Goodnight tell Bond to report to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond do as the boat approaches?
2. How has Tracy come off the rails in recent times?
3. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
4. How does Bond lose his winnings?
5. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
6. How do the two men capture Bond and Tracy?
7. Describe the first meeting with Bond and Draco.
8. What is different about Bond's room at Piz Gloria?
9. How does Bond deal with the man who asks if he is Sir Hilary Bray?
10. What is Bond's plan for his vacation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)