|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond think the workers at Piz Gloria look like?
2. What is the name of the girl Bond befriends?
3. What does Bond try to do when he has made a small fortune gambling?
4. What does Bond think the high alpine setting provides for Blofeld?
5. Which of the following food do the girls not have a preference for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange things does Bond notice at dinner?
2. How is Blofeld different from the last time Bond saw a picture of him?
3. Why does Draco think Tracy will drown herself?
4. What does Bond do between breakfast and lunch in Chapter 12?
5. How has Tracy come off the rails in recent times?
6. What is Piz Gloria?
7. Why is Bond finding it difficult to track down Blofeld?
8. What is the College of Arms?
9. Describe the race between Bond and the woman.
10. How does Bond lock himself in the office trailer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)