Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
2. Who meets Bond at the airport?
3. What kind of bet is a banco?
4. What do the two men usher Bond and Tracy onto?
5. What color contact lenses does Blofeld use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
3. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
4. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
5. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
6. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
7. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
8. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
9. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
10. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960s Britain.
1) Why was morality such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? In what way Britain was going through a transitional phase in the Sixties?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960s Britain?
Essay Topic 2
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)