|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond ask about the screaming?
2. What family does Bond say Irma's surname might be related to?
3. What is Draco the head of?
4. What does Bond put inside the napkin?
5. How is Tracy related to Draco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Bond and Tracy.
2. How does Bond deal with the man who asks if he is Sir Hilary Bray?
3. How do the two men capture Bond and Tracy?
4. What does Bond do as the boat approaches?
5. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
6. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
7. What strange things does Bond notice at dinner?
8. Who is Ernst Stravo Blofeld?
9. Why does Bond follow Tracy?
10. What awakens Bond during the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)