|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Bond befriends?
2. Which feature of Blofeld's makes it likely that he is a count?
3. What was the man pushed down?
4. Who does Bond flirt with at lunch?
5. What is Blofeld pleased at the prospect of being officially named as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ernst Stravo Blofeld?
2. Describe the first meeting between Bond and Tracy.
3. What is Bond's plan for his vacation?
4. What does Bond do between breakfast and lunch in Chapter 12?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. Describe Bond's dream in Chapter 20.
7. Describe the bar game Bond plays with the ten girls.
8. What does Bond do as the boat approaches?
9. How does Draco camouflage his helicopter?
10. How does Bond lock himself in the office trailer?
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Fleming represent a gray area between good and bad? What does this say about Bond's character? What kind of criminal do you think Bond would be?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
In 1969 On Her Majesty's Secret Service was made into a film starring George Lazenby. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)