|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond ask Draco to help him with?
2. Who was Bond Street named after?
3. What is the name of the bet the countess makes?
4. Where does Bond transfer his knife to?
5. What does Bond put inside the napkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond deal with the man who asks if he is Sir Hilary Bray?
2. How does Tracy suggest that she is suicidal?
3. Describe the first meeting between Bond and Tracy.
4. How does Bond lock himself in the office trailer?
5. Who is Ernst Stravo Blofeld?
6. Why is Bond finding it difficult to track down Blofeld?
7. How does Bond lose his winnings?
8. Why is Bond watching the woman?
9. Why does Bond follow Tracy?
10. What strange things does Bond notice at dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Europe's relationship with Switzerland.
1) What problems do you think Switzerland's liberal attitude towards their rich foreign residents have caused Europe in the past?
2) How accurate do you think Fleming's representation of Switzerland and their dealing with foreigners is?
3) How much has Switzerland changed since the 1960's.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1960s Britain.
1) Why was morality such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? In what way Britain was going through a transitional phase in the Sixties?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960s Britain?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)