|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bond watching?
2. What does Tracy want to repay Bond's 40 million francs with?
3. What does Bond open after breakfast?
4. What are the girls not allowed to share?
5. What is the technical name for Bond's pager?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the bar game Bond plays with the ten girls.
2. What awakens Bond during the night?
3. Why has Bond become become bored with his job?
4. Describe the race between Bond and the woman.
5. How does Bond lock himself in the office trailer?
6. Why does Bond follow Tracy?
7. What is the College of Arms?
8. How do the two men capture Bond and Tracy?
9. Who is Ernst Stravo Blofeld?
10. Why is Bond uncomfortable with pretending he is Bray?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bond decide to marry Tracy? In what way does Fleming suggest Bond is going against his natural instincts by marrying her? How do you think Tracy's death will affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's job.
1)What sacrifices do you think Bond has to make to work in such a job?
2) What kind of character does Bond have to be to do the job?
3) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Bond's job is?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)