|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bleuvilles family trait?
2. What does Bond think the workers at Piz Gloria look like?
3. What awakens Bond the following morning?
4. What is Tracy doing when Bond leaves her in the morning?
5. Who does Bond flirt with at lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
2. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
3. Describe the chase between Blofeld and Bond.
4. What is Piz Gloria?
5. How does Bond react when Draco asks him to marry his daughter?
6. How does Bond escape from the building?
7. How does Bond successfully play baccarat?
8. Describe the meeting between Bond and Blofeld in Chapter 11.
9. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
10. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960s Britain.
1) Why was morality such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? In what way Britain was going through a transitional phase in the Sixties?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960s Britain?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there any character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
Fleming writes On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 1,596 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)