|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond open after breakfast?
2. Which of the following food do the girls not have a preference for?
3. Where does Sir Hilary Bray live?
4. Where does Bond transfer his knife to?
5. Where is Blofeld living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting with Bond and Draco.
2. Why does Bond follow Tracy?
3. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
4. Why is Bond finding it difficult to track down Blofeld?
5. How does Tracy suggest that she is suicidal?
6. How does Bond successfully play baccarat?
7. Describe the meeting between Bond and Blofeld in Chapter 11.
8. What is the College of Arms?
9. In what way are Bond's first few meeting with Tracy in her room strange?
10. Why does Draco think Tracy will drown herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Fleming represent a gray area between good and bad? What does this say about Bond's character? What kind of criminal do you think Bond would be?
Essay Topic 2
Fleming writes On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)