Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men threaten Bond with?
2. Who meets Bond at the airport?
3. What kind of bet is a banco?
4. What do the two men usher Bond and Tracy onto?
5. What color contact lenses does Blofeld use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond arrange at Zurich Airport in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Bond choose Sir Hilary Bray as his cover?
3. Describe the second meeting between Bond and Blofeld.
4. What does Mr. Franklin suspect Blofeld's plan is?
5. Why is Piz Gloria the perfect cover for Blofeld?
6. Describe Bond's Christmas dinner with M.
7. Why does Bond refuse to identify Shaun Campbell?
8. What does Griffin tell Bond about his family?
9. How does Bond kill his pursuers in Chapter 18?
10. What problems does Britain have with turkeys in Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960s Britain.
1) Why was morality such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? In what way Britain was going through a transitional phase in the Sixties?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1960s Britain?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's job.
1)What sacrifices do you think Bond has to make to work in such a job?
2) What kind of character does Bond have to be to do the job?
3) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Bond's job is?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Europe's relationship with Switzerland.
1) What problems do you think Switzerland's liberal attitude towards their rich foreign residents have caused Europe in the past?
2) How accurate do you think Fleming's representation of Switzerland and their dealing with foreigners is?
3) How much has Switzerland changed since the 1960's.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)