|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) The cougars in the woods.
(b) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(c) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(d) The way Ethel cooks.
2. How does Norman take Ethel's suggestion?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He argues.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He pretends he does not hear her.
3. Why does Ethel accompany Billy upstairs to start the bath water?
(a) Because she is afraid Billy will make the water too warm.
(b) To give Chelsea a chance to talk to Norman.
(c) She stays in the living room, determined to make Norman and Chelsea talk.
(d) To give Norman a chance to fillet the fish instead of Billy.
4. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Snoring so loudly everyone in the house is awake.
(b) Going to town to mail a package.
(c) Starting up his old Indian motorcycle to show Billy.
(d) Gathering up fishing supplies and Billy.
5. Why does Ethel suggest Chelsea talk to her father and clear up their relationship?
(a) That he is getting old and won't be around much longer.
(b) Ethel does not make a suggestion to Chelsea; she wouldn't interfere like that.
(c) That Norman mentioned that he hope Chelsea would talk to him about that.
(d) That Norman is in an especially good mood having had Billy around.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chelsea greet her father?
2. What does Norman say about his and Chelsea's relationship?
3. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
4. Who catches Ethel singing?
5. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)