|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethel do after Norman and Billy leave?
(a) Starts shelling peas for dinner.
(b) Picks up Elmer.
(c) Goes back to bed for awhile.
(d) Calls Charlie to come help her clear out the shed.
2. Why does Ethel think it's going to rain that day?
(a) She heard the loons singing about it the night before.
(b) The weather channel predicts rain.
(c) She heard two old men discussing it in the town.
(d) She doesn't think it's going to rain for another week.
3. What is Norman's response to Ethel's reply?
(a) That Ethel never thought he was handsome.
(b) He should have talked to the boyfriends about how to get Chelsea pregnant.
(c) That Chelsea would have adjusted.
(d) That he bet Bill Ray couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun.
4. What does Chelsea say in response to Norman's question about the car?
(a) Drives like it is riding on air.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) It really did not cost much.
(d) Less than 10,000 miles.
5. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
(a) That Billy stay with them while she and Bill go to Europe.
(b) That she leave them the cottage in their will.
(c) That they come to California for her wedding.
(d) That Norman be nicer to Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
2. What is Norman doing at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Ethel ask Norman when she comes inside?
4. What is Norman's response to the idea of Chelsea and Bill sharing a bedroom?
5. Why does Ethel talk to Norman before he leaves?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)