|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Billy go into the kitchen?
(a) To make pancakes for everyone as a surprise.
(b) To find his dad.
(c) A sack of cookies.
(d) A glass of orange juice.
2. What news does Chelsea give Norman?
(a) That she plans to marry Charlie.
(b) That Billy is actually her biological son.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she has married Bill.
3. Who is with Chelsea?
(c) Her best friend from high school.
(d) No one.
4. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
(b) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
(c) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
(d) He is not impressed.
5. About what does Bill say Chelsea warned him before their arrival?
(a) Norman's unkind teasing ways.
(b) The fact that her parents were very stuffy.
(c) The cougars in the woods.
(d) The way Ethel cooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norman talk as he and Billy head to the boat?
2. Why does Ethel go to get a rake?
3. Why does Ethel think Norman and Billy shouldn't go fishing?
4. Who goes down to the lake?
5. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first interaction between Ethel and Chelsea when they are alone.
2. Give a brief synopsis of the conversation Chelsea and Ethel have about Norman as Chelsea just arrives.
3. What do you think this first interaction that you described in question #31 implies?
4. What does Norman tell Ethel she shouldn't do in front of Chelsea and her boyfriend and how does this brief exchange between Norman and Ethel demonstrate a difference in their personality?
5. How does the way Ethel behaves in helping Norman and Billy get off to the lake demonstrate an aspect of her personality?
6. Describe Bill's appearance and Billy and Norman returning from downstairs and how does this give readers a sense who Bill is?
7. Describe the two fishermen's interaction as they leave for the dock.
8. How does the first interaction between Chelsea and her parents show the reader the relationship between Chelsea and each of her parents?
9. Describe the opening scene in Act 2, Scene 1.
10. What can be inferred by the fact that Norman calls Billy by the name Chelsea from time to time?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)