|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethel say Chelsea has requested?
(a) That she leave them the cottage in their will.
(b) That they come to California for her wedding.
(c) That Norman be nicer to Bill.
(d) That Billy stay with them while she and Bill go to Europe.
2. What does Norman do after each fishing trip with Billy?
(a) Makes Billy clean all the fish.
(b) Has Billy check the fluid levels in the boat motor.
(c) Calls his best friend in Idaho and brags about what he caught.
(d) Has Billy clean and polish the boat.
3. What does Norman call Billy from time to time?
(b) Bobby, his deceased son.
(d) Young whippersnapper.
4. What is Norman's reaction to Chelsea's response?
(a) He knows that if she says it didn't cost much, it was actually a lot.
(b) He says it should not have broken down with so few miles.
(c) He says maybe he'll give it a whirl and see how it rides.
(d) He is not impressed.
5. Who doubts what he says he saw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Norman says to Billy after his father goes outside?
2. What financial question does Norman ask Bill?
3. How does Ethel respond when Chelsea continues to speak about her father being difficult?
4. For what does Chelsea apologize?
5. What does Norman ask Chelsea about the rental car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the way Ethel behaves in helping Norman and Billy get off to the lake demonstrate an aspect of her personality?
2. Describe Bill's appearance and Billy and Norman returning from downstairs and how does this give readers a sense who Bill is?
3. One of the statements Bill makes to Norman about Norman's teasing suggests that Chelsea has already prejudiced Bill towards Norman. Describe the scene and say if you think it was fair or wise of Chelsea to "warn" Bill.
4. Referring back to your answer in question #25, venture a guess as to why Chelsea's boyfriends were timid around Norman.
5. Describe the scene that occurs after Charlie arrives and what theme this vignette may illustrate.
6. Describe the opening scene in Act 2, Scene 1.
7. Give a brief synopsis of the conversation Chelsea and Ethel have about Norman as Chelsea just arrives.
8. Describe the first interaction between Ethel and Chelsea when they are alone.
9. What can be inferred by the fact that Norman calls Billy by the name Chelsea from time to time?
10. How does the first interaction between Chelsea and her parents show the reader the relationship between Chelsea and each of her parents?
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)